Director, Dish Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be the Dish Care product leader within Electrolux Major Appliances and successfully lead the product line
management and product line/business strategy for the category with a focus on improving consumer experiences with our products. You will be expected to take a strong leadership position to ensure that all BA NA product line plans are aligned with overall Group and NA business plans and achievement of financial and sustainability objectives. You will work to drive product and feature development, generation planning, speed to market, low product cost, product quality, and operation efficiencies within the product line, making use of external resources where applicable. You will also analyze product performance, product competitiveness, and product trends in the marketplace and contribute to pricing and channel strategies based on research and analysis. Lead development, launch, and management of Dish Care products in Business Area North America (BA NA) sector including short- and long-term profitability and translate the targeted consumer experiences for Frigidaire and Electrolux brands into successful 3 to 5-year generation plans.
- Ensure the Product Line has a competitive range with the right profitability in all segments, brands, channels, and markets and be responsible for leadership of the Product Line Management
- Deliver Consumer Experience Innovation including focus in innovation, design and marketing, best-in-class star product pipeline and focus on consumer quality experience
- Build and update a 3 to 5-year product roadmap based on consumer insight, customer requirements, competitor mapping, technology mapping, and sound business management principles
- Protect and foster Electrolux intellectual property, patent portfolio, and differentiated platform development
- Deliver the financial commitments on new products by supporting Marketing/Sales in the development and execution of robust commercialization plans
- Manage achievement of budget targets, including Capex and ensure quality improvement of product in market, below target launch of new product, and elimination of poor-quality products in market
- Drive and collaborate cross-functionally to find innovative solutions, cost outs, and quality improvements and help to develop and manage he annual business plan including monthly and quarterly P&L ownership
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive technology breakthrough’s, implement new product development plans, and ensure that plans are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Identify, lead and develop talent, Teamship, and Product Line leadership in order to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals
- Foster a culture of Teamship with engagement, cascading vision, creating goal alignment; and coaching through collaboration feedback, development planning and performance management
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in product management, sales and/or marketing leadership
- Documented results in a consumer products environment.Major appliance experience preferred
- Understanding of merchandising, brand management and budget preparation and organizing
- Product development, technology/manufacturing and consumer innovation experience/knowledge
- Proven experience using Microsoft suite including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word and Excel