Director, Internet of Things
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will be responsible for leading the development, launch, and management of all North America’s Business Area connected products.
- Develop and maintain 5+ year IoT road maps for North American aligned with PPI and product team requests.
- Regularly lead cross functional workshops/initiatives to ideate connective enablers in support of the Targeted Consumer Experiences.
- Drive North American consumer experiences, enablers, and priorities into the global app and IoT development process.
- Deliver IoT projects on time and within specifications supporting new product introductions, updates, and enhancements.
- Provide the relevant financial information for the business case and investment request (IR) for connected models.
- Lead NA organization efforts to gather consumer data for use in future product/connected definition and development.
- Integrate the global IoT Business Strategy definition into the North American Business Area processes.
- Partner with Marketing and Design to support the development of a rich content experience for the Electrolux user community.
- Build out IoT related expertise and skills across the Product Line organization.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree required in related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Product Development of connected durable goods.
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience.
- Business to consumer experience.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Comfortable with and can drive change.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.