Director, Last Mile Operations
Electrolux Major Appliances, North America is currently seeking a Director – Last Mile Operations to work within the Last Mile / Home Delivery team at our Headquarters located in Charlotte, NC. The Director – Last Mile Operations is responsible for the growth of the future Last Mile Hub (LMH) network, productivity, driving continuous improvement as well as the sustainability of the current LMH network through a combination of best practice knowledge, benchmarking research and decision making tools and techniques. This position will partner with the Supply Chain, Sales, IT, and Finance leadership team to enable decision making in building & optimizing the network design to include; strategic locations, last mile delivery channels, distribution centers, transportation and insource versus outsource decisions.
The Director - Last Mile Operations will also initiate, develop, deploy, measure and audit goals and objectives that address the overall quality of the LMH network. As a key supply chain leader for North America, the Director – Last Mile Operations must model the company’s core leadership competences and exemplify other important elements of our corporate culture, including respect and diversity, ethics and integrity, and safety and sustainability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategy and implementation plan for the future LMH Network
- Lead the implementation of the LMH strategy through a team made up of EMA full time and contract employees local to Charlotte, as well as in the LMH field locations dispersed throughout the US and Canada
- Provide day-to-day leadership and vision to the Last Mile organization with a keen eye toward operational excellence, leveraging systems and processes to maximize efficiency and productivity of the operations.
- Continually identify, develop and execute new areas for cost savings, working capital efficiency, cash flow management and operational improvement
- Develop and achieve key delivery performance and quality metrics
- Develop and maintain LMH capacity planning
- Implement systems and/or processes as needed through collaboration with Sales, Ownership Solutions and Warranty Teams
- Mentor, train and develop a superior operations leadership team that will drive overall organizational engagement.
- Institutionalize organizational learning and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in supply chain, logistics or related field.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in a leadership role within logistics for a manufacturing or durable goods organization; including experience in home delivery.
- Minimum five years’ experience with direct P&L responsibility for a transportation or distribution function
- Minimum five years’ experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated success selecting and implementing end to end digital logistics visibility solutions.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing; specifically pull material flow/Kanban and knowledge of MRP, DRP, MPS, or other scheduling tools.
- Minimum of 50% travel is required
- Strong understanding of Last mile industry
- Experience in business process reengineering and program / project management with an ability to lead multiple people and projects simultaneously
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A hardworking, high-energy individual with a significant amount of stamina and drive.
- Capability to work independently in a fast paced lean organization and be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, professional maturity and organizational abilities.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with internal and external customers
- Exemplifies a spirit of continuous improvement
- Proven ability to gain the required consensus to quickly deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational improvement initiatives that have yielded measurable improvements in financial performance.
- Proven ability to assess organizational capabilities and recruit, train and develop high-performing operations teams.
- A highly intelligent, seasoned, self-confident, knowledgeable leader with demonstrated accomplishments in manufacturing and operational excellence.
- An analytic, strategic and tactical thinker, who can develop strategies, programs and processes that support the short- and long-term business needs.
- Experience in a diverse, matrixed, multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- A sense of humility and good listening skills.
- Visible passion for the business and capability to motivate and have a broad sphere of influence on the overall organization.
- A hands-on executive, who can roll-up his/her sleeves and get involved in running the operations organization in a dynamic manner.
- Personable, outgoing and self-confident.
- Highest ethical standards, impeccable character and integrity.