Director of Assembly
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for directing and coordinating all activities and operations for Assembly areas at Electrolux’s Cooking Plant in Springfield, TN. The Director of Assembly will drive and deploy Electrolux’s manufacturing strategy to ensure ultimate satisfaction from the Customer and Consumer. This position will develop and drive projects for sustained performance improvement across key safety, quality, cost, delivery, and people metrics. You will also assist with identifying and implementing new technology in plant operations. This position will have a significant opportunity to impact the growth, direction, and future of manufacturing for Springfield Operations.
- Successfully meet or exceed all financial, operational and customer deliverables by working collaboratively with the Quality team to develop and Implement quality programs that ensure all final product meets consumer expectations and standards including partnering with purchasing to guarantee the quality of raw materials from suppliers.
- Establish strategic goals and objectives to ensure site's business, operational, financial, and quality objectives are aligned with Electrolux's commercial and manufacturing strategies.
- Build a high-performance culture that promotes engagement, teamwork, accountability and a winning spirit and create a culture of “zero injuries” through the deployment of world class safety systems and processes.
- Manage performance and development of direct reports to achieve organizational and department goals and provide a work environment that encourages learning and growth
- Drive accountability, discipline and continuous improvement across the organization with a business process framework, robust knowledge management system, governance and tools.
- Translate performance goals and objectives into practical operational solutions by identifying and implementing operational opportunities to continually make improvements.
- Drive World Class manufacturing operations through disciplined application of Lean Manufacturing tools and processes deployed through the Electrolux Manufacturing System (EMS).
- Develop constructive cross functional partnerships and processes driven by strong communications to facilitate efficient and effective operations across the site.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in manufacturing operations
- Minimum of 10 years experience of process management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing and developing people and enjoys coaching/mentoring others
- Proficient with Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Enterprise/broad operational view and organizational navigation skills preferred