Director of Licensing, North America
DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this position, you will be responsible for driving growth of the brand licensing program through existing licensees and new partners. You will set the licensing strategy for North America while working collaboratively with the product lines, sales, ownership solutions, and marketing teams. You will have the opportunity to find and select brand licensing partners to expand the licensing portfolio and secure our brand in the hearts and minds of consumers. The position will require excellent (and frequent) communication with our internal stakeholders, including the Global Brand Licensing team, and with external partners. The Director of Licensing will also be responsible for the ongoing management and development of all existing licensing partnerships in the region. To ensure that we are delivering a great and consistent brand experience, you will be responsible for approving all product, packaging, and marketing material submissions.
- Manage day to day relationship with existing licensees including contract negotiation, trademark and brand adherence, new growth opportunities, and financial obligations.
- Develop the strategic plan to include Identifying category opportunities across our brand portfolio along with potential brand partners.
- Manage product approvals and work closely with the quality and design teams to ensure products meet our high brand standards.
- Communicate within Electrolux to gain approval and ensure organizational alignment.
- Work closely with licensing colleagues on the Global Licensing Team and contribute to group initiatives.
- Manage online approval process for new agreements and/or amendments.
- Coordinate with design team on product submissions and style and design guidelines.
- Manage “Brand Introduction Day” for licensees and secure all relevant information needed as well as coordinate with Global Brand Licensing team to conduct ongoing licensee training on: brand updates, sustainability initiatives, quality and factory enhancements, consumer star ratings recommendations, etc.
- Maintain updated database of existing licensed products and placement at retail.
- Work with licensees to ensure they are maximizing marketing and PR opportunities.
- Coordinate with legal, quality, and sustainability teams for proof of use requests, factory database registrations, updated insurance certificates, and any other requests or information needed from licensees.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years licensing experience, preferably with strong brands or corporate brands, with at least five years in a senior capacity.
- Previous people leadership experience or demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Proven track record in growing and developing licensing programs.
- Excellent licensing industry knowledge and relationships.
- Excellent commercial skills and experience.
- Experience working at or managing a Licensing Agency.
- Brand and business oriented, strategic, & creative thinker.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in negotiating contracts and terms of agreements.
- Fluent English - oral and written.
- Ability to travel frequently both domestically and internationally.