Director of Sustainability, North America
Create a vision of the future. Make it real.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Sustainability Director is the critical link between the Business Area, functions and processes within Electrolux when it comes to sustainability matters. Electrolux Sustainability framework comprises three key areas; Better Solutions, Better Company, and Better Living. Our mission is to become a sustainable, consumer experience, innovation driven company. Overall responsibility to clarify, align, operationalize, and communicate the Electrolux Group sustainability agenda, the For the Better framework, and provide guidance and support across the entire business operation to meet or exceed company targets for all relevant business areas: product development, manufacturing process, ownership solutions, supply chain, etc. In this role you will set tactical goals and objectives to drive clear activity roadmaps and KPIs, collaborating with senior stakeholders to create team ownership and commitment.
- Within the organization, lead steering groups, set tactical goals, develop guidelines, report progress, and educate working teams through communication, training, workshops, and data capture
- Responsible to elaborate the regional sustainability report, considering all relevant country activities/practice and provide input for the global sustainability report
- Nurture a strong network of internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver balanced sustainable solutions and systemic business models
- Lead with vision and purpose. Create a positive working environment that can inspire and influence teams through creative thinking and intelligent risk taking.
- Negotiate and support discussions with authorities on sustainability policy matters relevant to the BA, including energy efficiency and recycling regulation
- Own the BA KPI dashboard and regularly report progress within BA and to Group Sustainability.
- Lead the development of new Group-wide sustainability initiatives and serve as spokesperson for the BA on sustainability matters and as the link between BA and Group Sustainability.
- Contribute knowledge, information and data to support further development of the overall For the Better framework.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Engineering or Business-related field
- Extensive knowledge and experience in creating and managing sustainability strategies ideally covering both environmental and social aspects
- 7+ years of solid managerial experience
- Knowledge of key US trends influencing or impacting Electrolux sustainability targets with understanding of Circular Economy business models and processes
- Experience in the development of Corporate Sustainability Initiatives with knowledge of process and tools for Life Cycle Assessment
- Knowledge of sustainable materials and processing techniques and understanding of methodologies used to influence sustainable consumer behavior
- Expertise in product design for serviceability, repair, reuse, and remanufacture with knowledge of large company energy, waste and emissions management
- Tools and techniques in facilitation of workshops for stakeholder engagement and experience with developing sustainable brand communication initiatives
- Corporate education initiatives and internal comms experience with working in an international, matrix organization