Director R&D Food Preparation
The R&D Director is responsible for managing resources and schedules in order to ensure successful implementation of engineering projects. They will work with and coordinate with all organizational disciplines in order to define and deliver the following project parameters: Performance, Scope, Schedule and Cost. They may also take a key role in continuous improvement or product care. Hence, also responsible to ensure maintenance and continuous improvement of existing products in terms of cost reduction, quality improvement and provide technical support to the factory on short-term product-related problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of the project performance parameters as defined by product line and consumer insight.
- Define and ensure implementation of cost reduction plans
- Develop and maintain all project schedules – utilizing Gantt charts or other means to communicate critical path timelines to the organization.
- Develop and maintain all project CapEx and department budgets.
- Assist in and track all developed product costs.
- Establish cross functional project teams for each project – establish roles and responsibilities/deliverables for each team member.
- Responsible for team members and their competences development
- Assist in the preparation of all documentation/presentation material.
- Provide timely communication to organization as to project status and deliverables.
- Define and ensure implementation of quality improvement plans
- Guarantee collaboration and synergies among all different Product Care teams.
- Deliver North American targets in term of cost reduction and quality improvements
- Support Plants in solving daily manufacturing problems
- Guarantee that all product improvements comply with product platform standardization.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other related field.
- 5 to 7 years minimum appliance product design related experience
- 10+ proven years’ experience designing and releasing consumer goods to production
- 5 + years’ experience managing engineering teams
- Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- A leader of people.
- Removes barriers for the success of those people.
- Proven track record for discipline and rigor in achieving targets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Good verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Experience working across functional areas in a global environment to minimize the effect of functional metrics and promote that which is best for the business
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset
- Good knowledge of product & production processes
- Good knowledge of product cost accounting & reporting
- Good knowledge of quality tools & reporting
- Knowledge of cooking processes