Director Responsible Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electrolux is looking for a Director of Responsible Sourcing to help and guide our sourcing partners to fulfill the Electrolux standards from a sustainability perspective. The work will be carried out in close cooperation with Electrolux Global Purchasing, Electrolux Product Sourcing, and the BAs. The position is based in Charlotte, NC and will be a member the Electrolux Group Sustainability leadership team, reporting to the VP of Group Sustainability.
- Leading and Coaching the team of leaders and specialists, ensuring organizational and team effectiveness, competence development, and motivation.
- Set the strategy, budget, and action plan for the responsible sourcing program.
- Securing the execution of the overall audit program to meet set supplier compliance targets.
- Assessing and developing the scope of the program on a continuous basis, in line with overall Electrolux sustainability strategies and materiality analyses.
- Following up on the progress of the program, evaluating its effectiveness, and driving a continuous improvement mindset and implementing necessary changes.
- Accountable for management systems and tools as well as securing that the right information is available.
- Creating a learning organization and workshops and training sessions for purchasers, suppliers, and auditors on Electrolux environmental and social policies as well as legal requirements.
- Driving supply chain sustainability initiatives included in the For the Better framework.
- Ensuring that the processes for auditing are efficient and continue to meet our best in class requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle new situations.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Good communication skills in English, verbal as well as in writing.
- Strong coaching skills with the ability to create good relations with other people.
- You have an academic degree, are structured, and can handle a multitude of work tasks.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability agendas from international business environment.
- Extensive experience in global supply chain management and ethical, social, and environmental auditing and supplier development.
- Basic understanding of labor, health and safety, human rights, and environmental laws.
- Documented project management and leadership experience, including running international programs/projects.
- Frequent international travel required.