Director, Sales Planning & Enablement
The Director Sales Planning & Enablement will assume a pivotal role in the North America major appliances Sales organization. The role will contribute strongly to the organization’s obtainment of our sales growth and profit goals through forward planning, alignment and optimization across the Sales Channels and with the other functions of the company. Furthermore, this role will work with the Sales Channel Leadership, HR, Marketing, IT, and other internal and external partners to help drive productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of the North America Sales organization.
This role will also follow and evaluate the evolution of external Sales organizations’ structures, practices and tools; and translate these findings into recommendations for Electrolux, and drive the implementation of new ways of working at Electrolux.
The successful candidate will thus combine strong cross-functional operational planning, analytics and change management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and manage the annual sales planning process
- Develop and maintain Sales Channel plans with the Sales Channels to achieve sales objectives
- Demand shaping - evaluate and determine the optimal actions to mitigate future demand risks and materialize potential new demand opportunities
- Work with Merchandising & Pricing to consider and optimize the Price-Volume-Mix tradeoffs
- Map product assortments by channel and by customer, and identify opportunities to optimize assortments across the Sales Channels
- Develop and manage the customer assortment change process to ensure alignment across Sales channels, Operations, Finance and Brand Marketing.
- Coordinate the new product commercialization planning with the Sales Channels, Marketing, Product Line, Merchandising/Pricing and Finance
- Evaluate our customer programming and identify opportunities to improve efficiency of spend and align with sales objectives
- Plan quarterly Sales Leadership meetings
- Coordinate Product Line Review between Sales, Product Line, Merchandising and Marketing
- Partner with HR & Sales Leadership to assess field sales talent & create development programs
- Identify and prioritize sales training requirements
- Plan & coordinate the National Sales Meeting
- Collaborate with the Sales Channels on the creation and execution of monthly field sales updates
- Drive simplification, standardization and efficiency in sales processes
- Explore and implement new solutions to drive sale productivity and effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in Sales, Sales Operations, channel management, go-to-market planning or related fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of the external sales channels for consumer appliances
- Experience in a matrixed organization preferred
- This position will require occasional travel