Director Sourced Products NA
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us, going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being brave and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Director Sourced Products North America (NA) – Forlí (Italy)
The R&D functions play an instrumental role in Electrolux strategy, with consumer experience driven innovation, modularization and connected products.
You will be responsible for the strategic direction as well as the day to day operations of R&D Engineering functions related to development of those products considered “Sourced”. These include products produced at the EHP factory in Hangzhou China for NA as well as OEM/ODM Microwaves. Countries producing products considered “sourced” for North America include – China, Romania, Australia, the US and Poland. You will participate in program management with the plant staff to ensure corporate goals are met. They will work in concert with Springfield engineering management to insure cohesive alignment to EHP Cooking Engineering program goals, objectives, policies and procedures. They will need to ensure all associated administrative functions related to this position involving resource planning, performance appraisal, project planning and organization of projects. They will also be responsible for the strategic alignment and cohesive work with other departments as necessary in support of company directives. This position will require travel both domestic and international.
• Organize, direct and manage design resources to support assigned projects.
• Be Responsible for the development and evaluation of team KPIs.
• Institutionalize design process discipline in order to predictably deliver robust product designs that meet the established design objectives and team commitments.
• Assist in the establishment of design objectives to deliver translated technical requirements.
• Continuously improve platform competitiveness through knowledge of competitive platforms, and translation of consumer needs to design objectives.
• Chair Technical Design Previews as required.
• Actively identify, manage and mitigate technical risk for assigned projects.
• Develop and maintain R&D development schedules – utilizing Gantt charts or other means to communicate critical path timelines to the organization.
• Develop and maintain all developed product material costs for assigned projects.
• Maintain and share a comprehensive knowledge of product, process and test requirements, and applies it to projects through direction of technical staff.
• Actively remove roadblocks to insure technical design team works effectively and efficiently to deliver design objectives.
• Direct and approve the release of engineering documentation (ECNs, BOMs, drawings, specification, etc…).
• Provide timely communication to organization as to project status and deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or close equivalent.
• 7 to 10 years minimum appliance product design related experience. People leadership experience preferred.
• Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
• A plus: Proven Six Sigma Certification and proven experience
• Ability and experience in managing international teams.
• Cooking product knowledge is considered a plus.
• Innovation focus.
• Strong Consumer insight orientation.
• Fluency in English. Other languages are a benefit.
Personal and Leadership Style
• Strategic as well as tactical thinking.
• Good communicator that is able to present ideas clearly and with conviction at all levels.
• Ability to work in an international, ambiguous and dynamic work environment; comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
• Good business understanding and holistic approach.
• Strong Business Leader and People Leader, including ability to listen, coach, motivate and inspire people.
• Strong drive for results.
• High energy and enthusiasm.