Director - Warehouse Operations
Electrolux is focused on building the supply chain of the future, with an emphasis on improved asset utilization and operating ratios, on-time delivery, lead time and the overall S&OP process. The successful candidate will be a true leader of people, fostering collaboration and team building across various functions while upholding the organization’s core values.
This position will lead the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) operations, Reverse Logistics process and Inventory Management process for North America. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects and personnel, contributing knowledge and developing leaders, performing analysis, developing solutions, justifying investment, managing implementation projects, integrating systems with processes, providing training, and measuring results. Initiatives will focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety, and space utilization.
The position will require a proven record of high performance, accountability, and reliability in a leadership role. This leader directs and controls all elements of the warehouse network, operating within the capital and operating budget at the highest levels of service. A constant focus on customer service and cost excellence is critical for success. Operational experience is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive a culture of safety throughout all RDC and Returns Processing Center (RPC) warehouse operations.
- Prepare, monitor, and control all aspects of the capital, fixed, and variable cost budgets.
- Oversee RDC and RPC warehousing and distribution channels, build relationships with key stakeholders to influence strategic design and leverage our RDC and RPC network capabilities.
- Manage and develop relationships with third-party providers including the oversight of high-level negotiations with third-party logistics (3PL) companies and building strategic relationships with other external Supply Chain partners.
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance, Product Line, & Sales to provide distribution channel strategy insight as it relates to product flows and service.
- Create and drive RPC strategies to identify, value, and prioritize solution innovations and improvements for the returns process and ensure their timely and effective execution.
- Ensure appropriate RPC process documentation is developed including controls and reporting that help reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Seek industry and organizational best practices on returns processing; determine value and drive change where appropriate to gain efficiencies.
- Drive implementation of best in class inventory management practices, including cycle count programs and utilization of technology.
- Drive continuous improvement and implement rapid PDCA cycles across the organization, ensuring best practice sharing and constant drive for cost excellence.
- Partner with senior business leaders, to put in place business processes and procedures to realize targeted improvements.
- Mentor, train and develop a superior leadership team that will drive overall organizational engagement. Institutionalize organizational learning and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ leadership experience in operations, logistics, and warehouse management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A highly intelligent, seasoned, self-confident, knowledgeable leader with demonstrated accomplishments in manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational improvement initiatives that have yielded measurable improvements in financial performance.
- Proven ability to assess organizational capabilities and recruit, train and develop high-performing operations teams.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes in a wide variety of functional areas. Finding simple answers to complex questions or problems.
- Creative thinker who challenges the status quo
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ability to leverage knowledge gained through prior experience, education, training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Experience in a diverse, matrixed, multi-cultural environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills