Ensuring the safe
and efficient delivery of products to trade partners and customers across North
America requires the supply chain to work closely with other business functions
within the company through various business processes.
This position will lead the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) operations, Reverse Logistics process and Inventory Management process for North America. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects and personnel, contributing knowledge and developing leaders, performing analysis, developing solutions, justifying investment, managing implementation projects, integrating systems with processes, providing training, and measuring results. Initiatives will focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety and space utilization.
The position will require a proven record of high performance, accountability, and reliability in a leadership role. This leader directs and controls all elements of the warehouse network, operating within the capital and operating budget at the highest levels of service. A constant focus on customer service and cost excellence is critical for success. Operational experience is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive a culture of safety throughout all RDC and Returns Processing Center (RPC) warehouse operations.
- Prepare, monitor, and control all aspects of the capital, fixed, and variable cost budgets.
- Oversee RDC and RPC warehousing and distribution channels, build relationships with key stakeholders to influence strategic design and leverage our RDC and RPC network capabilities.
- Manage and develop relationships with third party providers including the oversight of high-level negotiations with third party logistics (3PL) companies and building strategic relationships with other external Supply Chain partners.
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance, Product Groups, & Sales to provide distribution channel strategy insight as it relates to product flows and service.
- Create and drive RPC strategies
to identify, value, and prioritize solution innovations and improvements
for the returns process and ensure their timely and effective execution.
- Ensure appropriate RPC process documentation is developed including controls and reporting that help reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Seek industry and organizational best practices on returns processing; determine value and drive change where appropriate to gain efficiencies.
- Drive continuous improvement and implement rapid PDCA cycles across the organization, ensuring best practice sharing and constant drive for cost excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in operations, logistics or warehouse management
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing people in a team-based environment
- Ability to influence people that are not direct reports
- Excited to work in a team-oriented, collaborative and matrix environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Clear drive for results and bias for action; keeps team focused on short and long term milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects
- Ability to analyze and improve processes in a wide variety of functional areas. Finding simple answers to complex questions or problems.
- Creative thinker who challenges the status quo
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ability to leverage knowledge gained through prior experience, education, training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivates team while constantly driving towards key milestones.