REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will lead the Regional Distribution Center (RDC) operations and Inventory controls process for North America. This person directs and controls all elements of the warehouse network, operating within the capital and operating budget at the highest levels of service. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects and teams, contributing knowledge, and developing leaders, performing analysis, developing solutions, justifying investment, managing implementation projects, integrating systems with processes, providing training, and measuring results. Initiatives will focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, safety, and space utilization.
The position will require a proven record of high
performance, accountability, and reliability in a leadership role. A constant focus on customer service and cost
excellence is critical for success. Operational experience is a must.
- Drive a culture of safety throughout all warehouse operations.
- Prepare, monitor, and control all aspects of the capital, fixed, and variable cost budgets.
- Oversee RDC distribution channels, build relationships with key stakeholders to influence strategic design, and leverage our network capabilities.
- Manage and develop relationships with third party providers including the oversight of high-level negotiations with third party logistics (3PL) companies and building strategic relationships with other external Supply Chain partners.
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance, Product Line, & Sales to provide distribution channel strategy insight as it relates to product flows and service.
- Seek industry and organizational best practices on returns processing, determine value, and drive change where appropriate to gain efficiencies.
- Drive implementation of best in class inventory management practices, including cycle count programs and utilization of technology.
- Drive continuous improvement and implement rapid PDCA cycles across the organization, ensuring best practice sharing and constant drive for cost excellence.
- Partner with senior business leaders to put in place business processes and procedures to realize targeted improvements.
- Mentor, train, and develop a superior leadership team that will drive overall organizational engagement.
- Institutionalize organizational learning and best practices.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Travel required 50-60%.
- Leadership experience in operations, logistics, and warehouse management.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in manufacturing, warehousing, and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational improvement initiatives that have yielded measurable improvements in financial performance.
- Proven ability to assess organizational capabilities and recruit, train, and develop high-performing operations teams.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes in a wide variety of functional areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.