Dish Care Group Product Development Technical Leader
Porcia, Italy – permanent
Lead the technical initiatives of the next frontier of Home Appliance product development.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
As part of the Consumer Experience Area Care (CXAC) Dish Care (DC) Group Product Development (PD) Team within Porcia site, you will directly report to the Dish Care PMO Manager.
Thanks to the transversal responsibilities expected for this role you will be involved in complex global projects, challenging quality, design, prototyping, cost testing and innovation aspects for new products designed for millions of consumers.
Areas of competence: Project Management, R&D, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN) within the CXAC DC Group PD office, setting with many different colleagues from all around the world.
We are looking for a R&D Dish Care Technical Leader to drive projects/technical activities that will be implemented in different business area across the globe.
You are welcome if you want to be the sounding board for technical brainstorming when the team is in the middle of a difficult problem and maintaining the project technical vision clear for everyone in the team.
You will be the R&D point of contact for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects and technical activities in the given metrics: performance, time, cost, quality, sustainability, consumer reports. The execution goes all the way from kick off to final production series.
• Provide team direction and take lead to react when unexpected design performances or bugs occurs.
• Performing design reviews, manage prototypes, review test results and simulations.
• Ensure R&D team members interface with purchasing, design, quality, manufacturing, certification, and patent teams to ensure the new design performs from: manufacturability, cost, quality (consumer review) and cost point of view.
• Mentoring team members to improve and move forward in their technical journey.
• Warranty that component interfaces and mating systems work properly.
• Drive and manage subsystem project developments with internal and external suppliers.
• When Product trade-offs to be decided, drive the creation of different scenarios to be proposed to the Leadership/Project Leader.
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, other technical field bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in R&D function.
• At least 5 years of experience in project management with demonstrated technical leadership ideally in the following fields hydraulic, thermodynamic, and electromechanical systems.
• Basic knowledge of FEA and CFD.
• Knowledge 2D/3D tools for design development @ system level (3D TCA).
• Excellent spoken and written English language.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.