Distribution Manager Benelux
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands
Drive our logistic activities in the Benelux area.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For our office in Alphen aan den Rijn (the Netherlands), we are urgently looking for a Distribution Manager Benelux.
Our strong and reputed brands with their unique heritage do not prevent us from striving to be better tomorrow than we are today, so we continue to innovate, to be even more competitive and to build our business around our customers and our consumers. This makes this position an exciting opportunity to join us at the forefront of the local business market where we’re shaping living for the better.
A day at work
Being based at our regional distribution center, you will be responsible for the distribution of both our major and small domestic appliances as well as the spare parts and the accessories for our customers and our consumers within the Benelux area. You will provide a best-in-class service by using multimodal transport solutions (rail, road and intermodal) for both the inbound and the outbound transport flow and you will monitor the daily/weekly/monthly performance and the budget related to these activities together with our internal business controller and the colleagues of our HQ in Stockholm.
Running local meetings are seen as business as usual by you. You continuously challenge your internal stakeholders – such as Customer Service, Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Warehousing & Distribution – and you always stay in contact with our external partners – such as transport service providers and the representatives of our customers, i.e. electro retailers and kitchen retailers.
In this position, you will also be involved in international meetings as well as in performance- and process-related projects, always with the customer experience front in mind. You are not only able to participate in these initiatives, but you are also willing to lead them both locally and internationally in order to develop sustainability and digitalization within our daily operations.
You will be a member of the Management Team Logistics Benelux and you will have one direct report, a Distribution Specialist.
- Curious - You want to know everything about everything. You are interested in what our competitors, our customers and our consumers do and you have a good idea of what’s happening outside of Electrolux.
- Self-starting - With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
- Resilient - You seek out the opportunities and set about realising them with a customer first mindset.
- Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- Open-minded - For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
Education & experience
- You hold a higher degree, preferably in a logistic and commercially focused orientation.
- You have a solid working experience in a logistics or transport related management position with a successful track record, preferably in consumer durables.
- You have strong negotiation skills and you have experience with Key Supplier Management. You have a vast knowledge of logistic activities and processes which makes that you are willing to improve our current habits and methods.
- You have a strong IT knowledge of MS Excel and SAP.
- You have outstanding communication skills (in Dutch and in English, both spoken and written).
- You are willing to commute weekly to different locations within the Benelux area, next to regular travels to other European locations (e.g. Italy).
- A fulltime position with a competitive salary package, a company car, various fringe benefits and an extensive range of training possibilities.
- A challenging job at an international company that is recognized as a market leader with an outstanding reputation within the industry.
- You end up in an organization with a Swedish corporate culture where a lot of attention is given to innovation, digitization and sustainability and where there is always room for new initiatives and continuous improvement.
- An interesting company discount on our product range of large and small household appliances, spare parts, consumables and accessories.