For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This is a temporary opportunity for 12 months.
We are seeking a highly capable Distribution Specialist to join our team in Alcobendas, reporting to local Distribution Manager. You will be joining a dynamic team responsible for the design and management of our transportation services.
To ensure success as our transportation and project support specialist, you should possess hands-on knowledge of transportation service operations, supplier management and project management. A top-notch transportation and project support specialist will be someone whose expertise in the field of transportation and logistics results in efficient, cost-effective services within a customer centric and partnership focused culture.
• Coordinate transportation services and planning actions from delivery order creation to invoicing.
• Develop, implement and improve transportation and related cross-functional procedures.
• Monitor, measure, and analyze carrier key metrics and provide regular updates to management on carrier performance and development, ensuring enduring results
• Collaborating with internal departments to optimize and align transportation services.
• Transport extra costs and tariffs evaluation together with the logistics controlling area.
• Pro-actively support the distribution manager in meetings, projects or tasks.
• Act as the principal first point of escalation in operations for team members and stakeholders in close alignment with Distribution Manager.
• Collaborating in continuous improvement initiatives, action plan, and follow-up and achievements compliance.
• Assure customer (internal & external) satisfaction, defined service levels & requirements and closed-feedback loops to constantly improve service offering and quality.
• Actively drive service and product quality in collaboration with our quality manager, involving warehouse, carrier network and customers.
Education & experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in transport operations and e-commerce business
• In-depth knowledge of transportation industry regulations.
• Experience in transport management
• Proficiency in transportation management software (i.e. OTM).
• Data and Systems Analysis Skills, SAP experience is valued
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) in English and Spanish
• Communicative. Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
• Collaborative. You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
• Organized. You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
• Analytical. With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.