District Manager 1 - Virginia
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position is responsible for establishing and developing relationships with District Managers, Distributors, and Influencers in a specified geographical area. The District Manager will support the region in meeting their NET Sales, STAR, & CTF goals. This position will call on distributors meeting the criteria for a DM1 territory, works under general supervision, and reports to the assigned Region Manager. This position services a specific geographical area and requires travel within that area.
- Act as the key contact and representative for all influencer associations including Designers, Architects, NAHB local chapters etc. (Ex. ASID, CIDA, IDS, AIA, etc.)
- Manage specific distributor accounts and be responsible for sales growth, profitability, customer relationship, service resolution, product training, etc.
- Represent Electrolux Major Appliances at trade and industry shows.
- Builder Distributor Account Set up execution for new customers in the region.
- Assist region in ensuring open orders are managed effectively including ZB block visibility and allocation planning.
- Lead region in executing a process to bring greater efficiency and visibility to parts ordering and credits.
- Fully leverage the full Electrolux Brand Strategy with assigned distributors as well as communicate this strategy with influencers.
- Participate and lead portions of product training for distributor customers. Become a product expert.
- Assist region in major product transitions and NPI to quickly get new product seeded on distributor floors, builder model homes, and design centers through the distributor.
- Assist region with escalated AR issues requiring ad hoc research to resolve any discrepancies.
- Work with OS team for escalated service issues for region as well as identifying additional or better options for service.
- Maintain knowledge of existing & new customers, competitive conditions, potential opportunities to profitably grow share.
- Qualify leads assigned by your RM if additional information is needed through contact with the project owner, builder, or other sources.
- Control personal business expenses and submit timely expense reports.
- Share successful selling techniques with colleagues.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of various sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Some merchandising experience preferred.
- Ideal candidates should exhibit excellent interpersonal and selling skills.
- College Degree Preferred.
- Prior sales experience, preferably within a durable goods capacity, a plus.