Purchasing & Sourcing
The DM Buyer will be responsible for coordinating activities involving the procurement of raw material supplies, or components used to manufacture major appliances at the lowest total system cost. You will drive activities that deliver on assigned end to end supply base simplification and productivity goals as well as process KPIs. In addition to delivering on necessary goals, you will support the commodity managers and act as a liaison between the factory and assigned suppliers.
will include general communication/account management, supporting supplier
qualification, and supplier accountability (measured to Quality, Delivery,
Cost, and Technology targets). You will also provide purchasing support to the
various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support
stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed. You
will ensure maximum collaboration with the Commodity Team and implement the
action plans within the PL, granting correct flow from factory into commodity
organization and ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant
A Typical Day
- Represent BA purchasing team for assigned commodities in global negotiations & contracting.
- Performs follow-up to ensure that all supplier commitments are met and meet the standards agreed upon.
- Drive data analytics within the relevant categories, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, contribute to implementation and track results
- Ensure proper filing, up to date documentation and regular reporting of important data.
- Continuous support to different departments (supply chain, production, R&D, Finance, etc.) and colleagues.
- Manage/ contribute to assigned projects.
- Foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into Electrolux organization
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Area
- Able to analyze a massive amount of data, identify relevant information or trends within the data, develop conclusions that could lead to improved business decisions and organize the relevant data in a way that is easy for the customer to understand and utilize
- Contributes to budget development
- Implements procurement policies and procedures, and sets guidelines
- Understand, communicate and enforce Electrolux Home Products policy as it pertains to supplier and internal issues.
- Support Group Category Team in the development & execution of a category strategy based around the Value Based Sourcing approach with deep and early engagement with suppliers, R&D and other cross functional stakeholders.
In this role, you will be dealing with Electrolux’s Internal & External customers. You should be confident in dealing with leaders both from a country level and region level perspective. (delete regional level if not needed),
In Electrolux, we encourage open communication at all levels and put emphasis in dealing with our customers as well as colleagues with integrity and respect. You will be working in (10th of Ramdan City & Egypt) on regular working hours and may be required to travel both domestic and international.
Who you are;
University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset).
3 - 5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required.
Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
Must be advanced user of Excel, Experience with PowerPoint, along with good presentation & communication skills.
Fluent in English, any other language is an asset
With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
Open minded, creative person with strong team player and confident to communicate at all levels.
You are expected to participate in special projects as requested by Electrolux management either as required by the business and/or as part or your career development plan.