Drying Technology Functionality Team Manager
Pioneer and drive the performances enabling millions of people to experience the greatest benefits. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
As Drying Technology Functionality Manager, you will be responsible for a global laboratory team that is a key-stakeholder in the development of new products for the Consumer Experience Organization.
You will lead the functionality development of tumble dryers in cooperation with the relevant Electrolux departments (e.g. Consumer Experience Technologies and Labs, Consumer Experience Care Architecture, Regional Product Developments, Product Lines, Group Technology Organization, etc)
Your main responsibility will be to ensure the development of drying functionalities:
- Ensuring that your team applies a solid engineering approach in planning and implementing experimental/data analysis activities and with a continuous improvement mindset
- Developing and maintain internal testing methodologies
- Creating a network with R&D partners based on trust
• Lead and facilitate activities of the Drying Technology Functionality Team
• Supervise the development of cycle functionality specifications
• Guarantee product functionality development according to timing and resources
• Support Laboratory organization to define activities plan (e.g. resources allocation, equipment, costs)
• Identify innovation opportunities on the product functionalities and on the development process
• Assure alignment on test methodologies and project development paths across the regional labs
• Support the analysis and improvement activities in the area of consumer institutes and consumer insight
• Grow the external network of recognized laboratories and test institutes
• Lead the experimental activities, the development of digital tools for data analysis and test methodologies in the cycle functionality area
• Define and actively support the professional growth of team members
Background & required experience:
• Electronic/Mechanical/Automation/IT engineering degree or similar experience
• Min. 5-year experience as R&D engineer and 2-year experience as team leader
• People management skills
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisition & analysis systems, testing methodology
• Experience in Project Management
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with other functions in the organization
• Team leader: In this role you will lead lab engineers and lab specialists, so people management skills are essential such as ability to create trust, flexibility, organizational skills, vision of the team development needs, communication skills
• Team player: In this role cross-functional collaboration is fundamental, so you like team work and to build a strong network with other departments
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Italian at intermediate level
Please submit your CV in English
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.