EA Product Director - Taste
APAC&MEA, the newly integrated Business Area of Electrolux Headquartered in Singapore encompasses rich and diverse emerging markets such as Australia, Africa, Middle East, China, Thailand, etc. The sector comprises of over 100 countries and 1000+ spoken languages.
Our Business area is a unique blend of cultures, festivities, ethnicities and cuisines. The way people cook care for their clothes and homes is different and unique as well. Which makes the job of our Product Line teams extremely exciting and challenging. A regular day at work would be to develop and innovate product offerings that create better experiences for our Multicultural consumers.
Today we have sold 5.3M products sourced and produced in 7 plants across South Africa, Egypt, Thailand, China and Australia thanks to our 8000 employees. This year we will be launching a host of new products including the new range of connected washers and dryers as well as our new Electrolux designed products to commemorate our centenary.
Part of the Leadership team, you will report operationally to the Managing director, East Asia and functionally to the Vice President of the relevant Product Line. You will lead the Categories in profitable growth by driving the commercial agenda in the East Asia Cluster. Your mission will be to achieve competitive advantages in Taste in line with overall Product Line strategy:
Great tasting food brings people together. We deliver new ways to eat tastier, healthier and more sustainably together with your family and friends providing a more modern and mindful way to experience food.
Your regular day at work:
• Execute the commercial agenda for the East Asia cluster and deliver the yearly results
• Manage Ranging by channels & set market pricing
• Drive volume, price, mix
• Manage channels and take actions to ensure its performance
• Execute the Commercial Launches for the cluster
• Manage products life cycle in the cluster
• Build and lead a strong team of business leaders
• Define and provide training for ongoing activities
The success will be measured in terms of NS, margin, EBIT & Consumer Ratings as well as the way you collaborate with the key stakeholders.
• Are Passionate about problem solving and delivering best in class consumer experience (openness)
• Demonstrate tenacity and focus by continuously striving to reach goals and overcoming obstacles (Energy)
• Have an ability to lead and influence others (senior management, peers, team and multiple cross functional stakeholders) (Energy)
• Ability to understand complex situations and find a collaborative way to navigate through; to recovers quickly from setbacks and remained composed and focused in challenging situations. (Agility)
• Can manage complex and large amount of information and keep a big picture in mind (Agility)
• Cross-functional collaboration is key. Ability to listen and to network well as well as to synthesize multiple, diverse viewpoints into practical, scalable solutions is necessary to succeed. (Openness)
• Curious about new ways of doing things and challenges own thinking beyond current practice. Proposes new and original ideas, approaches and solutions to problems. (Growth)
Education and Experience:
• 10+ Years of progressive Experience in building a business and delivering commercial result in a Consumer focus industry (Home appliances experience will be an advantage)
• P&L Management
• Commercial experience (Sales/KA/Product/Marketing)
• Passion for problem solving and Consumer Experience
• Product management - Portfolio and Range Management
• Leadership and Influencing stakeholders