EHS and Quality Manager
Wolverton, United Kingdom
• is responsible for Logistics EHS and Quality management within the Electrolux UK and Ireland operations (Spares and Finished goods) ensuring all processes are followed,
• assure service quality and drive a Zero Defect Quality Standard (non tolerance to defects and strive to eliminate variance and minimize non-value adding activities) within our processes by complying with customer requirements, process specifications and our Quality Standards,
• support the application of the Electrolux EMS Lean Management Tools, techniques, principles a+C1nd process improvements within Logistics Operations,
• lead EHS and Quality awareness at all levels of the logistics organisation,
• drive continuous improvement within EHS and Quality,
• implement a structured Safety Management System,
• facilitate the engagement of our people in a customer service culture, in which we take ownership for providing customer satisfaction.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
• tracking and reporting all relevant EHS and Quality KPIs,
• conduct warehouse and operations Compliance Audits - internal and external - to ensure safety and quality in relevant operational activities (in warehouses, depots, transit points and customers),
• develop processes and procedures in collaboration with other operational managers to ensure the safety and quality of all the activities in logistics flows (such as planning, handling, packaging, storage, load securing, transportation) and propose and support implementation of appropriate continuous improvement actions,
• seek opportunities to reduce environmental impact of logistics operations,
• seek technological/digital opportunities for improvements to EHS and Quality processes,
• ensure appropriate safety and quality training - internally and externally - for the logistics operations,
• liaise with factories (SQA) and R&D in order to improve the quality in the packaging,
• provide expert input into relevant logistics tendering processes,
• proactive participation in EHS and Quality Community activities,
• Ccascade and follow-up of EHS and Quality updates,
• support as required logistics and Company EHS and Quality programmes and initiatives,
• align central EHS and Quality teams/functional managers with local team/line manager,
• ensure the full and appropriate investigation and follow-up of all logistics incidents, within legal and Company defined time frame and reporting requirements,
• ensure UK and Ireland Logistics Organisation compliance with EHS legal requirements and Electrolux policies,
• ensure all aspects of EHS risk assessments are carried out by relevant team members and are in compliance with HSE regulations.
• excellent stakeholder management skills,
• knowledge of health&safety&environment local laws and regulations,
• experience in application of behaviour-based safety approach,
• ability to use PC programs (e.g. ‘Office’ tools package),
• project management and lean methodology experience,
• knowledge of warehouse processes,
• basic financial understanding,
• analytical skills,
• ability to navigate matrix structure.
• 2 years of white goods quality, safety & environment experience,
• 2 years of managerial or lead specialist position,
• strong interpersonal skills,
• technical background is a plus,
• experience in BS OHSAS 18001/ISO45001 and ISO14001 management systems is a plus.
• local language; English.