EHS Specialist-2nd Shift
Assist in the planning and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. This position will support EHS activities on 2nd shift (3pm-11pm, M-F).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of associates and the plant with a focus on our zero harm culture.
- Assist in deploying the Zero Landfill Program initiative.
- Conduct EHS training and maintain safety training records.
- Participate in various site safety teams.
- Maintain written EHS programs and procedures.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root-cause analysis for accident or incidents as needed.
- Support the site in with emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of related experience in a manufacturing setting required
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Must be able/willing to flex hours to cover all shifts according to business needs.
- Must possess the personality, enthusiasm, and commitment to Electrolux core values and promotion of our safety culture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulations and data to make the appropriate recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong ability for proactive and independent judgment with analytical skills for formulating decisions.
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws as it relates to EHS
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills.