EHS Specialist - 2nd Shift
Assist in the planning and implementation of
environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with
Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of associates and the plant with a focus on our zero harm culture.
- Assist in deploying the Zero Landfill Program initiative.
- Conduct EHS training and maintain safety training records.
- Participate in various site safety teams.
- Maintain written EHS programs and procedures.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root-cause analysis for accident or incidents as needed.
- Support the site in with emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be able/willing to flex hours as needed for business conditions
- Must possess the personality, enthusiasm, and commitment to Electrolux core values and promotion of our safety culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulations and data to make the appropriate recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong ability for proactive and independent judgment with analytical skills for formulating decisions.
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws as it relates to EHS.
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing setting
- GenSuite experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.