EHS Specialist - 3rd Shift
Anderson, South Carolina
Assist in the planning and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. This role supports the 3rd shift operations and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of associates and the plant with a focus on our zero harm culture.
- Assist in deploying the Zero Landfill Program initiative.
- Conduct EHS training and maintain safety training records.
- Participate in various site safety teams.
- Maintain written EHS programs and procedures.
- Lead and/or participate in accident/incident investigations and root-cause analysis as needed.
- Support the site in with an emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years in an EHS role in a manufacturing setting is required (high volume manufacturing is preferred)
- BS or AS degree is highly preferred
- Must be able/willing to flex hours to cover all shifts according to business needs with primary hours supporting our 3rd shift team members (11pm-7am)
- Must possess the personality, enthusiasm, and commitment to Electrolux core values and promotion of our safety culture
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret regulations and data to make the appropriate recommendations to stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate strong ability for proactive and independent judgment with analytical skills for formulating decisions
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws as it relates to EHS
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing setting
- CSP or ASP certification highly preferred