EHS Specialist 3rd shift
Process this: You can have a much bigger impact where we’re shaping lives for the better.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
At Electrolux, design is a global function with around 150 design professionals in seven locations worldwide. We are a diverse studio with a great mix of experience and emerging talent. This designer role is the perfect position for anyone with the ambition to create outstanding products and services that consumers will love. In many cases you will be working closely with the development team, from initial concept all the way through to final production. Our team takes a user-focused approach, acting as a strong advocate for the consumer’s needs throughout the end to end journey of the brand experience. We are especially looking for candidates that are open to new thinking, agile and energetic to join our ambitious and hardworking family.
- Plan and implement environmental, health and safety policies and procedures in compliance with Electrolux, local, state and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of associates and the plant with a focus on our zero harm culture.
- Assist in deploying the Zero Landfill Program initiative.
- Conduct EHS training and maintain safety training records.
- Participate in various site safety teams.
- Maintain written EHS programs and procedures.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root-cause analysis for accident or incidents as needed.
- Support the site in with emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be able/willing to flex hours to cover all shifts according to business needs
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of programs.
- Strong understanding of state and federal laws as it relates to EHS
- Continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing setting