Adelaide, South Australia
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for strengthening Electrolux’s capability by providing specialist support in developing, delivering and implementing electrical solutions within the manufacturing plant.
A Typical Day
Working with our collaborative and passionate manufacturing engineering team, you will understand current processes and identify opportunities with technical support and factory improvements. You will most often work on a project or projects from start to finish, positively seeking out the challenges and working methodically to overcome them with the aim of improving safety, quality and efficiency within the manufacturing plant. You will work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to develop and meet project and production requirements.
You will assist the implementation and continual improvement of the Work, Health and Safety and Injury Management systems, whilst driving a safety culture by providing safety focused leadership through positive attitude and behaviors.
As our roles and business requirements continue to evolve you may be required to perform additional duties.
· A degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing or similar environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of automation systems, safety systems, understanding of pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
· Proven competence in PLC/HMI, creating project documentation (functional descriptions, checklists, FAT etc.). Knowledge of Siemens Automation will be advantageous.
· Project implementation and “on-site” commissioning.
Who You Are
· Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can translate this into meaningful and useful information that informs decision-making
· Creative - you’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
· Agile - both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· Collaborative - you build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
· Focused - you appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
· Results-driven - you aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
· A strategic-thinker - You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely.