Electrical Laboratory Engineer
Satu Mare, Romania
Area & the role
Our team is contributing to create more sustainable products so our future generations can live in a better place. Our activity is of key importance as we ensure through our work that our products are different from our competitors. Better in terms of taste, consuming less than previous generations and at the same time with unprecedent performance.
In order to achieve this result we are searching for passionate people to join our team. People with a wide variety of backgrounds can make us stronger as this ensure multiple connections to be made. Our belief is that people with different perspectives can tackle subjects in ways that have not approached so far.
Currently we are searching new member to join our Freestanding Electrical Laboratory team. The team consists of 5 young and talented engineers that ensure the development and approval of our Freestanding cookers on the Global Marke
As electrical laboratory engineer, you will work closely with colleagues
from all over the world. You will be able to work in a multi cultural eco
system, with open minded people focused in creating the best cookers for our
As part of several project teams, you will closely interact with our project leaders and other functions within R&D to ensure the delivery of assigned tasks.
We value people that are open minded, like to share their ideas with the community and are not willing to take responsibilities for their growth.
Your main tasks will be to:
- You will conduct performance tests according to project/activities plan and to provide official test reports.
- You will identify key operation activities for every project in terms of test plan, execution, and timing.
- You will develop and update the internal testing manual based on technologies evolutions and market needs.
- You will define specifications for components and parts in prototype creation and testing execution as well as implement optimization and statistical analysis tools during testing phase.
- To minimize trial and error activities and costs, and improve the “right first time” RFT result in the testing outcomes.
day of work:
You will be responsible for ensuring testing of key functionality and safety, compliance with technical standards (internal/external) and providing improvement proposals. Your duties will be as follows:
Validate specifications and ensure testing as required on:
Thermal safety for cooking products according to internal / external standards, including preparation of relevant documentation – where applicable
Noise level – where applicable
EMC – where applicable
Environmental impact where is applicable
Materials (e.g. surface clean ability…)
Support Platform or technology teams & Product Care in relevant testing, validation
Provide improvement proposals to Platforms or Technology development
Participate in concept development
Ensure proper maintenance of testing equipment according to ISO9001
Ensures alignment on test methodologies with other organizations in Global R&D Food Preparation
Support the timely delivery of assigned R&D projects / new products in collaboration with Platform Leaders.
Participate in Project Teams
Participate in FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
When necessary, support the introduction and ramp-up of new models designed by the R&D Department into production (whether directly or indirectly involved)
Ambitious people, willing to drive activities and lead others in order to deliver the results in the required time frame. Proactive and reactive behaviour will allow you deliver the results in an effective and efficient way.
Opennes and transparency in the communication both internal and external.
Flexibility is key in adapting to different situations which may occur during a normal day. Good problem solving skills.
Good planning skills will keep you organized while managing projects and daily activities.
Consumer oriented and with quality and safety mindset. Agility in decision making.
Willing to learn and to teach others. Experience is shared within the team, not only business related knowledge, but any knowledge in general. We encourage people to collaborate with team members.
Ability to analyze and understand large and complex amount of data. Make connections between different sectors. Curiousity in improving our way of working.
Team players are always welcomed. We seek for team players.
- University Engineering Degree or equivalent background preferably in Electronics, Automation or Electrical Engineering (profiles with a technical diploma and relevant background will also be evaluated, e.g. Energy).
- 3-5 years’ experience in testing products, preferably in white goods industry.
We like people that have knowledge in a vast variety of domains. Not only that this is a plus for the entire team but it will allow you to approach solutions from a different perspective.
Practical problem solving skills with a strong sense
of applied engineering both mechanical and electrical. This should include the
ability to make mechanical and electrical modifications to test samples or
appliances; fault finding; understanding of electrical wiring and circuit
Additional skills which may be useful for your job:
- Familiarity with product development processes
- FMEA knowledge is an advantage
- Kaizen and lean Manufacturing techniques
- Proven experience in a testing and evaluation facility
- Experience with data acquisition and control systems (Labview / Matlab).
- Competence on statistical analysis; 6-Sigma methodology is a plus
Fluent in English both written and conversational level.
Other European languages are a benefit