Electrical Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift - Bronco
Responsible for maintaining and/or repairing company production and support equipment. Repairs and maintains all plant production machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications and blueprints. Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of safety, quality and reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are generally duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as the detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent.
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Understands that performing job tasks in a safe manner is the highest priority.
- Reports any unsafe condition or act immediately to supervision or EHS team member.
- Understands company safety policy. Initiates and acts as facilitator on the floor to promote those initiatives.
- May be asked to participate in accident/incident reviews and develop corrective actions.
- Responsible for housekeeping and 5S in his or her respective area of work or areas as directed by the departmental supervisor.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills and be a team player.
- Completes maintenance work orders issued by scheduler/planner, maintenance lead mechanic, supervisor or maintenance manager.
- Inspects plant equipment for proper working condition and safe operation.
- Uses computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to document work orders.
- Create, revise, and improve work order task plans working with planner/scheduler.
- Records all parts needed for repairs to be performed.
- Records all parts used for repairs.
- Reduce unplanned stoppages through effective root cause analysis.
- Keeps accurate record of downtime of plant equipment.
Issues work requests for issues needing attention when equipment is down.
- Cultivate (through active participation in the team) an environment that helps to build and strengthen the team concept and sets the culture of that Zero Safety Incidents, Zero Quality Defects, and Zero Preventable Stoppages is achievable.
- Must wear safety glasses, safety shoes (Composite toe, leather top) and hearing protection when in plant.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals blue prints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Must be able to read blueprints and use measuring instruments.
- Must possess an understanding of electronic and mechanical components to troubleshoot and repair.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the safe use and care of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; compute ratio and percent and interpret bar graphs.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Abides by Electrolux’s company rules, policies and procedures.
- Complies with all OSHA safety and health regulations.
- Any duties assigned as Maintenance techs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively with managers, supervisors, and peers.
- Safely comply with health, safety & environmental requirements education/work experience.
- May be required to work weekends/shutdowns based on set up needs on these machines.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a tablet (iOS and android).
The appropriate candidate for this position is results oriented, team player, self-starting, dynamic, flexible, and strongly motivated to succeed and deliver.
- 5 plus years’ experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair.
- Associate’s degree in maintenance technology and/ or technical trade certificate a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft office is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, drawings and write detailed repair reports.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- Ability to lead others and experience in training others in predictive maintenance equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not limited to, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is very active and requires frequent (4 to 12 hours) standing, walking (on concrete surfaces), bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting, climbing, perform repetitive movements, and perform work from ground level to overhead, (Or otherwise awkward positions necessary to fix equipment).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees repeatedly.
- Ability to work in unusual or extreme elements; such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Ability to work safely from a ladder.
- Ability to operate a scissor lift, boom, and bucket lift and work at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work will require very fine dexterity, tactile sensitivity and extreme muscular control of the hands.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.