As an Electrical Technician, you will focus on maintaining and maximizing the plant effectiveness and efficiency by carrying out preventative, scheduled and emergency work as well as developing, delivering and implementing electrical solutions and improvements within the manufacturing plant.
A Typical Day
Working with our collaborative and passionate manufacturing maintenance and engineering team, you will understand current processes and identify opportunities with technical support and factory improvements. You will support fault finding, downtime reduction, process improvements and data management through our new manufacturing processes including robotics and digital scheduling systems.
As our roles and business requirements continue to evolve you may be required to perform additional duties.
· Have proven knowledge of robotics [ABB and Fanuc will be advantageous]
· Have a good understanding of preventative maintenance techniques
· Possess a relevant trade qualification and working towards a post trade or tertiary qualification
· Possess an Electrical “A” class license
· Demonstrated knowledge of automation systems, safety systems, understanding of pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
· Proven competence in PLC/HMI, creating project documentation (functional descriptions, checklists, FAT etc.).
· Knowledge of Siemens Automation will be advantageous
Who You Are
· Adaptable – with a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
· Creative - you’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
· Agile - both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· Collaborative - you build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
· Results-driven - you aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely.