Make ideas come to life. Globally.
Electrolux Global R&D Food Preparation presents
For us, going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being brave and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electromechanical Expert – Forlí , Italy
The Electromechanical Expert is part of the Global Electrical Technology Organization (ELTO), R&D Food Preparation.
Defines and implements new electromechanical features and functionality design. Reports in Check Point meetings/steering team meetings. Proactively identifies and solves the most complex product development problems having a broad impact on the business. Recognized in the field of expertise. Drives development and execution of projects matching new technologies to market needs and opportunities, contributes to the development of the functional strategy and supervises work of other staff members.
• Drive and manage EM sub-system projects related to:
o Quality improvement
o Cost Out
o Complexity Reduction (Standardization)
o New Feature request
• Design development in collaboration with supplier (e.g. DFMEA, CSRA, Supplier Audit, etc.)
• Collect component specification from different stakeholders (e.g. Platform R&D, Quality, IP, Manufacturing, etc.)
• Creation and maintenance of EM component:
o component supply specification
o design guideline
o IP database
o cost model
• Drive and bring innovation, based on consumer insight
• Curious. You have an endless desire to always improve projects and to get better at what you do.
• Proactive. You value being one step ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are keys for making projects run smoothly.
• Flexible. You quickly adapt to the changing environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering
• +/- 15 years experience
• Good knowledge of a 2D/3D design tool (CATIA V5 is preferred)
• Strong knowledge in electrical components, testing methods, system development and design
• Strong structured engineering approach during each development phase
• Good knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Communications skills to manage suppliers and interact with all company areas
• Able to present and discuss any proposals fact based
• Good English written and oral
• Strong computer literacy. (MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project)
• The following skills are considered as a plus:
o Experience as technical project leader (or PMP)
o Experience in Value management and Design for Assembling and Manufacturing