ELECTRONIC ENGINEER – R&D PRODUCT CARE
ELECTROLUX FOOD PREPARATION R&D EUROPE PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
ELECTRONIC ENGINEER – R&D PRODUCT CARE – Forlì, Italy
Join the most exposed team within R&D organization.
Be the focal point of contact for all the functions within the factory and beyond. Drive Product Care projects across EMEA and Globally. Constantly improve our products - Hobs and Ovens - for the better consumer satisfaction and manufacturing excellence.
We are looking for a strong team player who will ensure maintenance and continuous improvement of existing products, already running in production after the product development process, in terms of quality, cost optimization and technical support to the factory on short-term product-related challenges.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Your duties will focus on the three following aspects:
• Quality improvement: investigate and implement projects to improve the quality of the manufactured products, to maximize the customer experience and to reduce the warranty Service Call Rate and costs
• Cost optimization: investigate and implement projects to reduce product costs, maintaining the requested level of quality, with a particular focus on the Direct Material
• Factory support: provide technical support to the factory and design changes to guarantee the production continuity, to assist in the reduction of rework and to improve manufacturability and productivity
• Have an active role, within the Product Care team, to find the best technical ideas and solutions, in order to improve the product quality, optimize the product costs and guarantee the production continuity
• Be the technical reference, within the Product Care team, to manage the Engineering changes for Electronic/Electric components and systems
• Become one of the Product Care focal points for Connectivity systems
• Design, develop and modify components and finished assemblies
• Construct 3D CAD models and create detailed drawings using CATIA software
• Coordinate the prototyping, performance and quality verification, tooling quotation, part cost quotation, sourcing, production trialing and approval of components and finished assemblies
• Liaise with appropriate departments including R&D Global Technologies, R&D Laboratories, Factory Quality, Purchasing, Production, Logistics, Manufacturing Engineering and Tooling Engineering
• Participate in Project Teams
• Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
• Construct and update Bill of Materials, Engineering Change Notices and manage approval documentation in our systems according to the internal procedures
• Coordinate and assist in the introduction of components and assemblies into production
• Follow up and rectify problems found with components and assemblies
• Have an active role in Continuous Improvement Programs within Global R&D Food Preparation
• Support the Project Leaders to prepare & manage project management, progress tracking, timing plans, risk assessments and the reporting of project status
• When necessary, support the introduction and ramp-up of new models designed by the R&D Platforms into production
• Strong self-motivation. You are eager to learn and constantly improve
• Strong performer. You can work fast and effectively driving a number of projects at the same time
• Open minded. You appreciate the privilege of working in an international environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds
• Pragmatic and result-oriented
• Proactive. You are always one-step ahead
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Good interpersonal skills
• Willing to travel occasionally
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Electric/Electronic Engineering or equivalent education background
• Knowledge of product design principles and technical drawing
• Basic knowledge of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles
• Structured engineering approach
• CAE and CAD Knowledge; CATIA is preferred
• ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Standards basic knowledge
• Knowledge about Quality tools, as for example Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
• Fluent English language
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux Food Preparation by watching this video: https://youtu.be/ssiuS0LTGfA .