Electronic Hardware Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Engineer, power electronics, will be primarily responsible for the hardware
design and the hardware maintenance of the power control systems in consumer
appliances. As an integral member of the Cooking Electronics Team located in
Springfield, TN, the successful candidate is innovative in coming up with new
ideas that add value to the customer and constantly challenges the status quo.
She or he strives for a visible, measurable benefit from every action.
- Independently designs and test power electronic section,
- Create reliable and cost-efficient hardware solutions in compliance with internal and external HW development guidelines
- Ensure board design in compliance with internal and external Safety and EMC standards
- Applies expert knowledge of applicable technology and industry/company standards to investigate new technologies, methods, and test procedures.
- May supervise and mentor technicians or interns as required on a project or task basis.
- Develops prototypes and implements new product designs including analog and digital hardware and firmware.
- Determines the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products.
- Prepares test and validation plans. Leads execution and direction of product testing.
- Develops detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications.
- Provides support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking, and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Observe electronic market, new technologies and components secure HW - SW interaction
- System integration and optimization of configurations
- EMC testing and solutions
- Thermal management.Use of thermocouples and IR camera to ensure safe and reliable products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree a plus
- 3 Years proven experience in conceiving and developing embedded hardware controls and control systems preferably in a consumer appliance product R&D environment.
- Preferred experience in hardware design, embedded systems, power electronics, EMC, and Microcontroller applications
- Components test and validation expertise.
- Proficiency in mechanical 2D and 3D design and layout using Catia, AutoCAD or similar a distinct plus.
- Familiar with ANSI, UL, CSA, NEMA and IEC standards especially as they relate to consumer appliance products.
- Proficiency in schematic and circuit design and layout using ORCAD or similar CAD system a distinct plus.
- Ability to translate non-technical user requirements into specific technical solutions.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Proven track record using industry recognized new-product-design processes for electronic, mechanical and software design.