Electronics Product Development Engineer
Bring an open mind. The possibilities are unlimited.
Curitiba - PR
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
And we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are currently looking for our new Electronics Product Development Engineer, who will provide technical leadership and expertise in hardware and software development for the Electronics Domain Organization part of Global R&D Food Preparation.
A typical day at work
For more than one hundred years now, we at Electrolux have been working at the forefront of shaping living for the better, developing products that meet people’s demands in terms of taste, care and wellbeing. But as consumer needs and wants continue to evolve, we have even more work to do. So not only are we in the best position to understand emerging needs and deliver life enhancing solutions, we’re the best place for you to bring your potential to life.
As Electronics Product Development Engineer, you will help us by organizing, planning and executing electrical controls system projects during all stages, from marketing concept to production. In order to do so, you will have to translate consumer needs into technical specifications, working directly with hardware and software engineers. You will be expected to make estimations of resources (including time) needed for each project, working together in an international team with locations all over the world.
You will be in close contact with other departments, like product management, platform, laboratory, industrial design and engineering, quality and purchasing, coordinating all activities for the project, always striving for continuous improvement throughout the process. You will also be expected to make periodic reports about project status to all stakeholders.
You must adhere to modularization guidelines and to the defined project objectives, realize maintenance of electronic controls during the product lifecycle, and cooperate with consultants and suppliers in the development and/or production of electronic components.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who are you?
- Innovative: you're able to use your skills to adjust your way of doing work, always aiming for continuous improvement;
- Collaborative: you're able to keep good professional relationships, working alongside others to deliver better results;
- Systematic: you're detail-oriented, have good critical skills, and you're able to analyse a situation, identifying problems and proposing solutions;
- Communicative: you can apprehend and deliver information with clarity, adapting to different situations and speakers.
- Resilient: you can adapt quickly to change, and deal with multiple demands at the same time, assigning priorities and adjusting them when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related areas (Master's is a plus);
- Solid experience in project management of electronic products development;
- Experience with connectivity (WiFi) development;
- Experience with leadership;
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes;
- Knowledge of hardware and software development for embedded systems;
- Availability to travel national and internationally;
- Fluent English;
- Portuguese is a strong plus.
As part of Electrolux, we will
continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where
your career could take you.