Electronics Project Leader (m/w/d)
ELECTROLUX FOOD PREPARATION GLOBAL R&D PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electronics Project Leader (m/w/d/) – Rothenburg ob der Tauber (Germany).
The Electronic Technology Organization (ETO) part of Global R&D Food Preparation is looking for an engineer to join the team. You will provide the technical leadership and expertise in hardware and software development. As Electronics Project Leader, you will be responsible for the organization, planning and executions of electrical controls system projects from marketing concept to production. This process involves the translation of consumer needs into technical specifications, working directly with hardware, software, system and test engineers and estimating resources including time to deliver upon commitments. You will work closely together in an international team with locations in US, Germany, Italy, China and Brazil – focus Europe. You are innovative in coming up with new ideas that add value to the customer and constantly challenges the status quo. You strive for a visible, measurable benefit from every action.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You will be responsible for leading the design and development and/or modification of subsystems (for example, electronic controls and control systems) to achieve a better quality and lower cost. And you will be responsible for SCR analysis and action plans and their follow up.
You will also provide the technical expertise in correlative Technology subsystems (hardware and or software or other subsystem) development from conceptualization through production across each appliance product line.
• Manage electronic projects in an international environment from definition to final approval for mass production
• Lead project teams (hardware, software, systems and lab engineers)
• Coordinate all activities for the project and creation of specifications in cooperation with other departments like product management, platform R&D, laboratory, industrial design, industrial engineering, quality and purchasing
• Report of project status
• Adherence to modularization guidelines
• Maintenance of electronic controls during the product-life-cycle (PLC)
• Adherence to the defined project objectives (timing, quality improvements and cost reduction)
• Cooperate with consultants and suppliers developing or producing electronic components
• Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
• Adaptable -With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
• Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
• Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
• Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization - building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor/Master degree electronic engineering or equivalent education background.
• 2-5 years’ experience in project management of electronic products development.
• Ability to translate non-technical user requirements into specific technical solutions.
• Knowledge of hardware and software development for embedded systems.
• Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes.
• Experience with connectivity (WiFi) development.
• Ability to work as an integral, contributing member of an international technical electronics development teams.
• Ability to adapt to a very fast change requirement and priorities.
• Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.
• Leadership experience is a plus.
• Fluent English mandatory.