Electronics Quality Engineer
Cerreto D'Esi, Italy
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electronics Quality Engineer – Cerreto d’Esi (Italy).
The Electronic Technology Organization part of Global R&D Food Preparation is looking for an engineer to join the team. You will provide the technical leadership and expertise in hardware and software development, for cooker hoods appliances.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You will be responsible for leading the design and development and/or modification of subsystems (for example, electronic controls and control systems) to achieve a better quality and lower cost. And you will be responsible for SCR analysis and action plans and their follow up.
You will be also responsible of the projects related to electromechanical user interfaces for cooker hoods,
and also provide technical expertise in correlative Technology subsystems (hardware and or software or other subsystem) development from conceptualization through production across each appliance product line.
• Perform and Manages the Cost/Quality daily activities and responsible for delivering group objectives.
• Lead projects related to the development of electromechanical cooker hoods user interfaces.
• Participate in all stages of all Projects and specifically of the Cost/Quality projects.
• Insure the Development of product technical specifications based on a variety of requirement inputs including consumer, marketing and industrial design.
• Assure Support of prototypes and implements new product designs, for example analog and digital hardware and or firmware.
• Support the benefit of product design re-use from existing products and modifies existing designs as input to new products.
• Perform and Ensures test and validation plans, execution and direction of product testing.
• Perform and Ensures detailed engineering documentation, for example block diagrams, schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
• Provide support and training on new products to other departments and customers as required.
• Estimate task durations and assists with the preparation of project schedules and product cost estimate including costed BOM’s.
• Work with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture subsystem, such as electronic components and assemblies and so on.
• Work closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage subsystem suppliers.
• Work closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
• Perform special projects as directed by the Department Manager.
• Responsible for SCR analysis and action plans and their follow up.
•Support platforms in integrating components at system level.
• Collaborative - You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
• Adaptable -With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
• Communicative - You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
• Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Results-driven - Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
• Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization - building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor/Master degree electronic engineering or or equivalent education background.
• Proven understanding of electrical systems.
• Technical background experience coming from secondary school or previous job experience.
• Experience with power supplies, analogue circuits, and flex circuits preferred.
• Design/programming experience using assembly language and C/C++ firmware a distinct plus.
• Proficiency in schematic and circuit design and layout using ORCAD or similar CAD system a distinct plus.
• Knowledge of best practices and design guidelines for increased noise immunity and reduced emissions.
• Experience with single-sided, double-sided, and multi-layer PCB design is a plus
• Experience designing PCBs with mixed surface mount and thru-hole technologies is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge and experience in systems integration and the interactions between hardware and software design.
• Availability to travel, main destinations (Italy, Poland, Germany)
• Fluent English mandatory.