Electronics Software Engineer
This position will support the Electronics team in Springfield, TN, USA, with a focus on firmware design, development, and testing. The position will perform the development from concept through production of control systems and components based on corporate and management directives; apply sound engineering principles to accomplish expected goals and objectives; initiates actions necessary to begin new programs and follows them through production release.
Responsible for the day to day performance of product engineering development project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. Applies engineering principles to effectively accomplish goals and objectives on time and within cost constraints. Interfaces with all departments, vendors and customers within the scope of the position. Provides engineering management periodic status updates as required.
- Support and participate software team’s daily functional activities on development of Cooking controls.
- Complete assigned engineering tasks under the direction of experienced engineers, including software design, coding, debugging, verification, validation, etc.
- Perform source code static analysis.
- Participate software design review and release process.
- Conduct software documentation.
- Assisting with other activities as assigned
- Demonstrate creative ability through invention or other significant contributions to the profession.
- Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Solid understanding of electrical engineering required
- Great learning and working attitude required
- Strong C programming on embedded system highly preferred
- Experience with microcontroller based system highly preferred
- Knowledge on source code analysis preferred
- Knowledge on software documentation preferred
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and multitask, able to prioritize work schedule and workload
- Good written and oral English skills required