Electronics Software Team Leader
software engineering team leader will be primarily responsible for the management of the Electronics Software Group which designs and
develops the software for the electrical controls system for Major
Appliances. As an integral member of the Cooking Electronics Team located in Springfield
Tennessee, the successful candidate will provide the leadership and expertise
in software development from conceptualization through production as well.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages software group’s daily activities and responsible for delivering group objectives.
- Resource planning, hiring, training, and conducting performance review.
- Leads and participates in all stages of the embedded software development cycle, like software design, coding, debugging, verification, validation, etc.
- Performs engineering reviews.
- Participates in Electronics Technology Organization’s project planning and execution.
- Exhibits appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Works with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture electronic components and assemblies.
- Works closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage electronics suppliers.
- Works closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
- Performs special projects as directed by the Department Manager.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, M.S. is a plus
- Strong skills on team management, time management, stress management, conflict management, communications, collaboration, planning, delegation, and project execution
- Ability to grow a strong team, execute business strategy, and achieve the performance goals.
- Minimum five years of proven experience in developing embedded firmware, preferably in a consumer appliance product R&D environment.
- Design/programming experience in C/C++ firmware for embedded system
- Ability to organize and manage workload in order to effectively support multiple projects.