EMC Laboratory Technician
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties and Responsibilities):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will work on the performance of EMC/UL testing in accordance with internal lab procedures, industry specifications, and international standards. This can include the set-up and dismantle of test systems, generation of EMC/UL test reports, maintenance of product test history folders for products tested, and miscellaneous laboratory maintenance and development tasks.
- Set up customer products in accordance with internal lab procedures, industry specifications, and international standards.
- EMC/UL testing for internal Electrolux customers. Perform EMC testing in accordance with Internal Electrolux and International standards.
- At the completion of testing, return the test stands to ready status by removing product specific fixtures, storing miscellaneous test equipment, and returning loose tools.
- Generate test reports using standard laboratory templates.
- Support the Laboratory Manager in various maintenance tasks.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum two-year technical degree or equivalent combination of education/experience in EMC and/or electronics required.
- One (1) plus years’ experience in an industrial R&D environment preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Preferred one (1) year hands-on experience with emissions and immunity testing, including Conducted RF Emissions/Immunity, Radiated RF Emissions/Immunity and ESD testing.
- Must pass a written and applied knowledge test (EMC Test written and applied). Written test will cover basic electronics theory.
- Preferred ability for fine manual dexterity (e.g., soldering of fine electronic components). Ability to solder surface mount and through hole components.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand electrical and electronic schematics required.
- Able to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. On a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand or sit for the majority of the shift.