CO-OP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
Electrolux is fully
committed to delivering the best possible experience for each cooperative
education student and provide them the necessary tools to learn and grow in
their chosen field. Our co-op program will provide young talent the opportunity
to gain technical and professional skills to begin their careers. At
Electrolux, we provide a “best in class” cooperative educational experience for
all student co-ops.
We are looking for co-op students who want to shape living for the better. In this three-semester rotational co-op program, students will achieve the following learning objectives:
Utilize academic experience and apply experience to real world problems by developing their technical capabilities
Build on their confidence and sense of responsibility in the workplace
Confirm their choice of major and career with Electrolux.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The manufacturing engineer will Identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. The manufacturing engineer will work closely with the Food Preparation Sector team on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Prepare technical specifications for equipment including safety and environment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results (Statistical Process Control).
Support equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering and perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
Implement specific Manufacturing Engineering actions for new Product Projects or other Projects (Capacity, Efficiency, Improvements…) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
Participate in PFMEA, support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments, and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes and support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
Design and implement factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Current student, or recent graduate, in Engineering discipline.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Problem Solving, Process Control Implementation, Continuous Improvement and OEE improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Problem solving skills and ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter: a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Team player.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities.