Engineering Lead – Application Release | Digital Product Organization
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our products. As we are becoming more consumer-focused, software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling great digital consumer experiences, faster response to market demands and our capacity to act on new business opportunities.
We are now building our Application Release Team and looking for an outstanding Engineering Lead that will help us grow the Mobile DevOps machinery to bring our new mobile app software deliveries from code to consumer grade quality apps, published on app stores.
As an Engineering Lead you will be responsible for technology choices, development processes and the principles and culture in the team to ensure that we work efficiently and sustainably over time. You will work in a fast-paced environment of continuous change, innovation and experimentation. You will work with building and running tests on both iOS and Android native code, combined with shared logic written in Kotlin Multi-platform Mobile. We use modern tools and expect you to already master the majority of them and to keep on top of the tools development in the tech industry in order to secure software quality at a high level.
You will lead and mentor a global agile team of 6 persons and collaborate with the Product Owner during team ceremonies, sprint planning, scrum meets and daily huddles. The initial core of this team will be located in Stockholm and we will scale up with presence in all our development hubs as we grow. This role will report to the Engineering Director for Digital Experiences.
Your main tasks:
· Provide the build machinery for our product teams with internal app distribution (AppCenter)
· Efficiently execute automated tests written by the product teams
· Integrate string and translation content from Phrase into builds
· Integrate design tokens and graphical definitions from Figma into builds
· Provide the application release process with release candidate apps and distribute them for internal testing
· Support the quality assurance process with analytics on important behavioral markers in the app and by collecting crash log analytics during the release process
· Take part in analyzing and solving integration problems
· Automate publishing on app stores after go-decision in release process
· Define and implement app global feature flags to separate app publication and feature release
· Collect important app global analytics and crash reports from production environments
· Improve the process and technology to keep it lean and easy to change and expand
· Recruit people to the team with the right talent and attitude, and teach them our culture
· Grow the people in your team
· BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related discipline and/or 5+ years of industry experience in commercial mobile apps development. (Quality of experience is much more important than length of experience)
· Versatile leadership qualities with enthusiasm to tackle new challenges across the full stack, the ability to learn rapidly and courageous view to try new solutions and ways of working as we continue to push technology forward
· Experienced in developing and operating Mobile phone software DevOps systems using a mix of native development and multi-platform frameworks like Kotlin Multi Platform
· Experienced in many parts of the stack (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Phrase, Figma, Android Studio, XCode, Fastlane, AppCenter, App Store, Play Store)
· Experienced in implementing and running a variety of test tools (like Phone farms and Security test tools)
· Deep understanding Lean-Agile principles and have solid work experience from Scrum practices
· Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
· Excellent English language skills, written and spoken as you will work with international colleagues
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.