Engineering Lead Consumer Services – Consumer Account
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the
way we work and develop our solutions. As software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
As such, we are building the Group Digital Product Organization and looking for a passionate Engineering Lead Consumer Services -Consumer Account to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
This is a senior technical role reporting to the Engineering Manager Consumer Services and will contribute, as part of our integrated cross-functional team, to the architecture, design, implementation and delivery of digital solutions in the area of Consumer accounts to support our Connected Experience. In particular, the Consumer Account digital product will be responsible for building trust by creating a secure, always available, yet efficient system for handling consumer identity.
The position requires strong software development as well as leadership skills. In this role you will set the technical direction of the team, coordinate and contribute to development and verification activities as well as strict collaboration with our Business Areas that handle the local CRM systems where our consumer identities area stored.
Connections matter. Whenever the moment, our technology facilitates those connections creating an experience as a service. Our team members own their critical services and words like scalability, resiliency, availability and automation are at the heart of every line of code we write.
As an Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the development of components and services used to deliver a highly available and performing user experience. You will work in a fast-paced environment of continuous change, innovation, and experimentation. You will work with established and cutting-edge technologies like native mobile app development in iOS and Android, multi-platform mobile development in Kotlin, backend development (Java, Python, etc.) and various cloud services to build on our micro-service architecture. You must demonstrate mastery in one or more of these technologies and be an expert in highly scalable consumer-facing products.
Successful Leads can drive forward the technical progress of their projects while also mentoring others and holding the software quality to a very high level
A Typical Day
- Architect, design, and develop robust software
- Design, Test Development and implement program source code, operating system components, backend services and software tools
- Collaborate and contribute with the BAs who own and operate and the local CRMs that own the consumer identities
- Focus will be on creating a superior consumer experience in terms of management of consumer data and identities
- Work directly with product owners to recommend and then implement new features.
- Work with the team to write unit and integration tests and see features through deployment into production.
- Monitor related production systems and troubleshoot any production problems to provide overall platform stability.
- Participate in code pull requests as a reviewer and author, staying open to constructive comments.
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Design new software features through agile development practices such as chartering, story-mapping, and regular stand-up meetings.
- Software team Leadership:
- Guide a team of software engineers and coach them on best practices for software development.
- Work together with Digital Product Owner to lead agile meetings related to multiple projects and act as a scrum master and project manager for multiple manufacturing related applications.
- Work together with Digital Product Owner to define and analyze requirements, create work items, and assign work to a team of software engineers as needed.
Who You Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline and/or 5+ years of industry and or research experience in a relevant field
- Versatile leadership qualities coupled with enthusiasm to tackle new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward
- Quality of experience is much more important than length of experience
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Experience in developing reusable artifacts/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, development and QA best practice
- Experience in designing and developing mobile app development leveraging- back end services and external APIs, based on native app development and Kotlin Multi Platform
- Experience in developing backend services in Java/Python running in the public cloud
- Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration,
- user identities and social logins as well as modern authentication and authorization frameworks based on oAuth2
- Understanding various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and providing a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
- Deep understanding Lean-Agile principles and solid work experience from Scrum practices
- Profound understanding of Object-oriented programming, Design Patterns and Test-driven development
- Experience with integration of REST-based APIs
- Knowledge how to work with source code control pull requests and peer review methods
- Continuous integration tools(Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience of Atlassian toolset: Jira & Confluence
- Experience in collaboration with UX/UI designers
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Self-motivated, fast learner, technology agnostic, pragmatic
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to work in a high pressure and delivery-oriented team
- Proven project participation experience
- Ability to work and deliver for several projects with tight deadlines
- Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement