Engineering Lead Digital Experience Taste
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
In Electrolux we reinvent Taste, Care and
Wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
For this reason, we are building the Group Digital Product Organization and looking for a passionate Engineering Lead Digital Experience Taste to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
This is a Senior technical role and will report to the Engineering Manager for Taste and will contribute, as part of our integrated cross-functional teams, to the architecture, design, implementation and delivery of software solutions in the area of mobile and backend development. The position requires strong software development as well as leadership skills and you will be involved in setting the technical direction of the team as well as coordinate and contribute to development and verification activities.
As an Engineering Lead you will be responsible for the development of components and services used to deliver world-class consumer experiences and you will work in a fast-paced environment of continuous change, innovation and experimentation. Working with established cutting-edge technologies like IoS and Android native development, Kotlin Multi Platform, Java, Python, and various cloud based services would be of focus.
A Typical Day
- Architect, design, and develop robust software, both mobile and backend
- Collaborate and contribute insight across the whole product breadth and depth with a focus on creating a superior consumer experience though our Mobile App
- Work directly with product owners to see features through deployment into production and collaborate with team to write unit and integration tests.
- Monitor and troubleshoot any production problems to provide overall platform stability.
- Participate in code pull requests as a reviewer and author, staying open to constructive comments.
- Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Design new software features through agile development practices such as chartering, story-mapping, and regular stand-up meetings.
- Software team Leadership: Guiding and collaborating with digital teams
Who You Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline and/or 5+ years of industry and or research experience in a relevant field
- Experience in developing reusable artifacts/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, development and QA best practice
- Experienced in designing and developing mobile apps built using a mix of native development and multi-platform frameworks like Kotlin Multi-Platform
- Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration
- Have a profound understanding of Object-oriented programming, Design Patterns and Test-driven development and experience with integration of REST-based APIs
- Deep understanding Lean-Agile principles and have solid work experience from Scrum practices
Most importantly, if you have a passion for making an impact through
technology while building consumer products that make a difference to the lives
of millions of customers, then this is the opportunity for you!
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.