Engineering Manager Consumer Services
Location: Role will be based in Stockholm, Porcia in Italy or St. Petersburg in Russia
Bring your ideas to work where we’re all about bringing ideas to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
As such, we are building the Group Digital Organization and looking for a passionate Engineering Manager Consumer Services to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
In this role, reporting to the Head of Group Digital Engineering, you will drive globally, across Business Areas and Product Lines the definition, implementation, and execution of the Technolog Strategy for several software products that are key in enabling superior consumer experiences in the area of Taste, Care, Wellbeing and Peace of Mind across the entire Electrolux Group. Examples of such services are Onboarding (of a connected Appliance), Consumer Account, etc. These services are used in our Mobile applications and Connected Products.
Your focus will be to enable a superior consumer experience by constantly reiterating the software products included in your product area. You will work with both Mobile Development and Backend services.
Your main tasks:
• Driving the definition and development of the Technology Vision, Architecture and Roadmap for the Digital Products within your area
• Enabling a superior consumer experience by creating and leading an organization of highly motivated and passionate technology professionals and engineers in the area of software architecture and development, mobile and backend. You will be responsible for forming and growing, inspiring, mentoring and motivating your team
• Influencing the Product Strategy by contributing with deep technology expertise
• Shaping the Digital Services Engineering Product Area to support the new structure of digital software products
• You will continue to drive the agile transformation together with the Product Manager – Digital Services and create a world-class software
engineering organization able to solve complex engineering problems
• Driving technology innovation in your area. Ensuring all technology is aligned within your product area and collaborating with other engineering managers to allow for scalability, security, smooth integrations and minimizing technical debt
• Your key priority will always be to deliver a scalable and superior digital experience for our consumers
• 5+ years of experience from mobile and backend software engineering of which at least 3+ years from working with developing and scaling cutting-edge products, technology solutions and platforms through a whole lifecycle
• 3+ years of experience in building user-centric software products with very frequent releases with multiple teams contributing
• Academic degree in Computer Science or similar
• Deep knowledge in architectural principles for mobile applications, cloud-based backend services and edge computing
• Experience of creating and scaling an organization from a few people to several high performing teams
• Experience of end-to-end retail operations in digital and physical channels
and understanding of key trends impacting the retail landscape
• Deep knowledge of and experience from applying Agile (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) software development processes and tools
• Previous experience in a large international environment with different cultures and geographically distributed
• Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking to contribute in Strategy development and interaction with Business Stakeholders
Strong leadership skills in setting clear individual objectives and direction for others, clarifying priorities, and taking decisions for the business always engaging and inspiring individuals
• Experience in leading through leaders
• Experience in Identifying and developing talent in individuals encouraging their development and growth
• Demonstrable tenacity and focus by continuously striving to reach goals driving the business forward
• Strong networking and communications skills to build and maintain useful networks both inside and outside the organization and to encourage and promote cross-collaboration and diversity to create greater business success
• Flexible approach to find new and original ideas, approaches and solutions for the business both on a short and long term
• Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.