Engineering Manager Digital Experience Taste
Location: Role will be based in Stockholm, Porcia in Italy or St. Petersburg in Russia
Create solutions that change how we change lives for the better.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
As such, we are building the Group Digital Organization and looking for a passionate Engineering Manager Digital Experience Taste to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
In this role, reporting to the Engineering Director Digital Experiences, you will drive globally, across Business Areas and Product Lines the definition, implementation and execution of the Technology Strategy for the Connected Experience within Taste across the entire Electrolux Group.
Your focus will be to create a superior consumer experience within Taste by constantly reiterating the software products included in your product area. You will work heavily with mobile development but also with Backend services supporting the connected experience.
Your main tasks:
• Driving the definition and development of the Technology Vision, Architecture and Roadmap for the Digital Products within Taste
• Enabling a superior consumer experience by creating and leading an organization of highly motivated and passionate technology professionals and engineers in the area of software architecture and development, mobile and backend
• Influencing the Product Strategy by contributing with deep technology expertise
• Shaping the Taste Engineering Product Area to support the new structure of digital software products
• Continuing to drive the agile transformation together with the Product Manager – Taste and creating a world-class software engineering
Organization able to solve complex engineering problems
• Ensuring all technology is aligned within your product area and collaborating with other engineering managers to allow for scalability, security, smooth integrations and minimize technical debt
• Your key priority will always be to deliver a scalable and superior digital
experience for our consumers
• Forming and growing your team - you will inspire, mentor, and motivate your team
• Driving technology innovation in your area
• Academic degree in Computer Science or a similar background and 5+ years of experience from mobile software engineering of which at least 3+ years from working with developing and scaling cutting-edge products, technology solutions and platforms through a whole lifecycle
• 3+ years of experience in building user-centric software products with very frequent releases
• Deep knowledge in architectural principles for mobile applications, cloud-based backend services and edge computing together with experience from applying Agile (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) software development processes and tools
• Experience in creating and scaling an organization from a few people to several high performing teams
• Interest in the latest technology trends (e.g. within Machine Learning, Digital Twins, AR/VR)
• Experience in end-to-end retail operations in digital and physical channels
and understanding of key trends impacting the retail landscape
• Previous experience in a large international environment with different cultures and geographically distributed
• Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking to contribute to Strategy development and interaction with Business Stakeholders together with tenacity and focus on continuous striving to reach goals driving the business forward
• Strong leadership skills in setting clear individual objectives and direction for others, clarifying priorities, and taking decisions for the business always engaging and inspiring individuals
• Experience of leading through leaders
• Ability to identify and develop talent in individuals encouraging their development and growth
• Flexible approach to find new and original ideas, approaches and solutions for the business both in the short and long term
• Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.