Enterprise Architect, IT APAC
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
A Business IT Enterprise Architect has expertise converging business strategies into the next generation of technology strategies. Has expertise in the creation, communication and improvement of the key principles, methods and models that describe the enterprise's future state and enable its evolution. The scope of the enterprise architecture process involves the interpretation of business goals, drivers and strategies, the assessment of the current capabilities of the people, processes, information and technology of the enterprise, and the determination of how these relate to one another and to the external environment. The process supports the formation of the constraints, standards and guiding principles required to define, assure and govern the required evolution and the transitional processes that facilitate predictable transition to the intended state through information-enabled change in the organization’s structure, business processes, information systems and infrastructure. This is hands-on, yet strategic role requiring the individual to balance out reviews and planning versus some delivery responsibilities.
• Proactively interacts with Asia Pacific IT leaders at all stages of lifecycle to design solutions, influence strategy, provide new business and technology ideas, align and prioritize projects to architecture priorities and drives architecture driven investments.
• Collaborative and inspirational leader providing solution design review and direction to solution architects.
• Seen by senior IT leadership as their key, strategic resource regarding technology and its role in supporting the future of the company.
• Possesses a strong geographical business and technological market acumen to contribute to the strategic business plan and operational direction.
• Has a CTO mindset to develop technology strategies addressing business problems, incorporating business maturity models that require a long-term, strategic perspective.
• Must look 1-3 years ahead to consider the long-term consequences for the enterprise when choosing a technical direction, proposing a technology investment, harmonization of the environments, simplification opportunities or advising a business leader on strategic issues.
• Possesses the broad expertise to integrate the technical vision for IT, integrating across technologies, systems, and organizations.
• Leads vendor selection process and provides recommendations for investment in technology solutions, supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
• Develops architectural standards and roadmaps to migrate to standards that will add significant value to the business.
• Highly involved in driving process and master data standardization
• Ensures coordination and completion of design review board based on design review board guidance
• Provides solution designs to IT project in the category of new vendor, new technology, and new capability.
• Empowers solution architect providing technical guidance, and needed training within capability scope
• Guarantees data quality and accuracy of enterprise artifact repository.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
Required Profile (Experience on the job, Career experiences, Overall experiences):
• 10+ years of Professional experience with a minimum of 7 years of Information Technology experience
• 3+ years functioning as an Enterprise Architect
• Enterprise Architecture certified or equivalent experience using industry standards such as TOGAF or Zachman.
• Experience developing architectural standards and road maps.
• Evangelist for a bigger picture strategy, integrating the business and technological vision, connecting the dots across business needs, technologies, processes, and information.
• Proven experience across multiple business areas, and multiple technologies with well-rounded background in applications, software, databases, middleware, etc.
• Proven experience in large-complex application rationalization efforts, maximizing current investment and optimizing process complexity.
• Proven experience with future state architecture, taking business to the next level, creating competitive advantage to the business. Proven experience laying out technology roadmap connecting the dots with business needs.
• Minimum 7 Years ERP implementation experience and leading the following types of projects: Software development, product evaluations/selection, ERP implementations, packaged software installs and upgrades.
• Broad knowledge of end-to-end processes, impacts, integrations and business areas involved and impacted by each of the process areas in scope of the ERP program
• In depth knowledge of SAP ERP solutions is a must, whilst SAP Hybris and JD Edwards experience will be an added bonus
• Proven experience in large, complex scale projects.
• Prior applications/software development (programming) experience.
• Solid presentation skills, ability to effectively influence.
• Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks quickly and smoothly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organization skills.
• A strong desire to learn and expand their technical knowledge.
• Able to work autonomously and exhibit excellent judgment.
• Strong Technical leadership of Application Development teams and vendors.