Equipment IIot Connectivity Director
Open location, Location free
Open, Europe – Permanent contract
Create change here, have an impact in homes around the world.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Located in Europe, preferably next to a well-connected airport, you will operationally report to the SVP Group Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing System and Operations Sustainability.
Electrolux is deeply committed in its 5-pillars Digital Transformation, and the digitalization of its worldwide plant footprint is the first priority for Industrial Operations.
In this path towards excellence, the Group Manufacturing Engineering, in collaboration with Digital/IT team is looking for an Equipment IIot Connectivity Director to achieve faster its goal towards Industrial IoT. In order to lead OPC UA / PLC automation integration projects we are looking for a world-class expert, that can drive the chain from architecture, design, quick start service, training of the staff on OPC UA, to long-term development and support of automation, communication and control systems tasks, with appropriate level of understanding and professional approach.
You will be primarily responsible for the digitization of shopfloor equipment and machineries from international manufacturing companies. You will work on functional and technical data acquisition and integration topics to address customer’s business needs, as well as driving architecture standards and innovation in this space to ensure a connected and data driven shopfloor.
You will play at the confluence of Automation/Manufacturing Engineering, IT (infrastructure and MES/ERP applications) and external 3rd parties’ developers, so a flexible approach in a multi-cultural environment is strictly mandatory.
• Define global standards for equipment connectivity to drive all future implementations.
• Design, audit, troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve problems related to OPC UA implementations.
• Develop and analyze various integration scenarios and build out our standard IIoT integration layer - considering integrity, scalability, performance, and security aspects.
• Drive the team and 3rd parties through the development of the most efficient and reliable solution for equipment integration.
• Understand the technology and business needs of industrial operations and provide deployable solutions accordingly to meet their expectations.
• Work jointly with our IT and Manufacturing Engineering Team to derive integration setups and align data models an contribute to deliver IIoT projects.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or relevant.
• 7+ years of experience in technological companies, consulting or similar roles in companies comparable to Electrolux.
• Extensive experience in design and integration in manufacturing software applications like Data Acquisition, Production Reporting, Quality Control, Condition Monitoring or Manufacturing Execution System.
• Enhanced knowledge of IIoT relevant communication protocols: OPC UA (Protocol & Data Modelling), MQTT, and HTTP / REST as Industrial Ethernet and field bus.
• PLC programming logic understanding (Siemens S7, Rockwell, knowledge preferred).
• Experience with computer networks and relational and non-relational databases (i.e., SQL Server, MongoDB, InfluxDB).
• OT Cybersecurity.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on: