ETO Lab Leader (m/w/d)
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
Electronic Technology Organization (ETO) Lab Leader – Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
The Electronic Technology Organization, part of Global R&D Food Preparation, is looking for an engineer to join the team. You will provide the technical leadership and expertise in testing of key functionalities and safety. An ETO Team Leader is responsible for the organization, planning and execution of tests, compliant with technical standards (internal/external). This process involves the translation of standards and regulations into technical specifications, working directly with hardware and software engineers and estimating resources including time to deliver upon commitments. You will work closely together in an international team with locations in US, Germany, Italy and China – focus Europe. You are innovative in coming up with new ideas that add value to the customer and constantly challenges the status quo. She or he strives for a visible, measurable benefit from every action.
• Define relevant specifications and ensure testing.
• Safety according to internal/external standards, including preparation of relevant documentation.
• Provide improvement proposals.
• Manage Test Reports according to the approved workflow.
- Feature performance
- Environmental impact
- Components performance and materials
- Authority approval
• Ensure alignment on test methodologies with other Labs in Global R&D Cooking.
• Ensure proper maintenance of testing equipment according to ISO9001.
• Ensure compliance with the work environment and safety regulations.
• Support Categories, Product Care and technologies in relevant testing.
• Participation in technical committees for standards.
• Additional Responsibilities: where applicable
- Responsible for team members skill development
- Responsible for team members
- Resource planning
- DM Efficiency
- Precision in project targets achievement (time, quality, cost)
- Ensure alignment on test methodologies with external authority labs
• To track standard updates and new standard creation, ensure to have the test capability according to the updates/new standards.
Education & Experience
• Testing methodologies (DOE, statistical methodologies, etc…).
• Deep Electronic and approval process knowledge.
• Deep knowledge of relevant standards.
• Organizational and planning skills, ideally with some experience in project management
• Strong communication skills, especially in the English language, both written and oral. Skilled in technical writing.
• Must work well as part of a team and individually in a global organizational setup.
• Willingness to travel.
• Technical knowledge of cooking appliances.
• Fluent English, German is a plus.