ETO Project Leader
Performs project leadership for new product development projects and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and implementation of product concepts and ideas from Customers and Marketing into executable project requirements.
- Manages / leads all projects through the company TDP/EPM Check Point Gate process
- Establish, track and report of project plans through use of established Project Management Tools and use of best project management practices (schedules / resource plan / project tracking)
- Coordinate the development of technical product documentation required for project execution such as technical specifications, test plans, DFMEA, DFM / DFA, etc.
- Chair and report out of all project meetings to include design reviews, check point reviews, and other team meetings as defined
- Development and tracking of capital budgets and expensed product costs for projects assigned
- Manages and Directs all assigned resources as defined as direct reports or assigned within a matrix organization
- Plans and approves all resource and work requests performed by Engineering Support Areas such as Model Shop, Agency Labs, CAD, Reliability, Consumer Sciences.
- Develops project schedules to PPAP guidelines in support of project goals and objectives.
- Ensures the timely preparation and execution of engineering project documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, Drawings, and Specifications).
- Demonstrate creative ability through continuous improvement or other significant contributions to the profession.
- Interface and coordinate
follow upswith Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, and Outside Suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all project requirements / deliverables.
- Performs any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management;
- Leads or participates in special function teams and support production as required.
- Assists in the establishment of project / design objectives and execute these requirements to meet these objectives.
- Fully supports company programs, policies and objectives
- 4-year degree in relevant field of study
- This position may be filled at a junior level with 2-7 years of experience in new product development and/or project management, or may be filled at a senior level with 7+ years of experience in new product development with a demonstrated track record of launching successful and innovative product.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with a largely diverse cross functional group
- Strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills leading cross functional project teams
- Demonstrated ability as a problem solver and ability to determine root cause
- Direct experience in the Major Appliance Industry is a large plus
- Knowledge of Electronics/Electrical design / development is a plus
- Demonstrated PC proficiency is required (MS Office Products / MS Project)
- General knowledge of manufacturing and assembly methodologies.
- Available for limited travel with possibilities of possible extended and/or overnight stays.