EU Category Manager Chemicals – Global Purchasing
Purchasing & Sourcing
EU Category Manager Chemicals – Global Purchasing
Within the Global Chemicals Organization, EU Category Manager Chemicals has the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Design, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developped social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
The EU Category Manager is responsible for:
• Global Category development and maintenance of portfolio of suppliers
• Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
• Supplier Development (automation, quality improvement , productivity increase)
• Support sourcing decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality, Manufacturing, Design ) .
• LTA’s negotiations support
• Suppliers Selection
• Cost Modeling analysis support
• Innovation Prospection
• Develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
• Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
• Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment, in order to secure supply continuity to Electrolux plants
• Generate initiatives and projects to deliver leveraged productivity performance cross Product Lines and BA’s
• Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
• Constant market monitoring trends and sharing with relevant stakeholders within the organization
• Develop and maintain proper price indexing/forecasting, reporting tools, and secure alignment with controlling department and purchasing leadership
• Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
• Establish and drive activities to achieve the planned business goals (financial exposure, consignment stocks, qualification of alternative material sources, etc.).
• Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction.
• Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
• Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas
• Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
• Work with the Product Lines and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
• Proactively promote initiatives that fuel Electrolux Sustainability Roadmap with a specific focus on the categories managed
Reporting to: Lead Category Manager, Global Chemicals
Education: University degree (Chemical, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering seen an asset)
• 3 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
• Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
• Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
• Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
• Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
• Proven knowledge/background on chemical and petrochemical industry, polymer science, plastic compounding and transformation industry is an asset
• Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
• Strong knowledge of direct materials categories.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
• Stature and ability to establish and manage relationship with senior leadership (internal and suppliers)
• Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
• Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Resilience and stress-resistance
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Some travel will be required (up to 30%)
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.