European Category Director - Washing Machines
Take innovation from idea to implementation.
European Category Director - Washing Machines
At Electrolux we are on a journey to provide our consumers with a simply outstanding experience in Taste, Care & Wellbeing. Our ambition is to grow the existing profitable consumables and accessories business into a larger business, which will provide a significant contribution to the operating margins and will contribute to improve the 360 Consumer’s experience.
The European Category Manager owns the Category business results and drives the Category strategy, its deployment and follow up on the commercial execution. The Category Director ensures timely creation of innovative ranges & experiences in the Innovation Triangle and runs the business in the Commercial Triangle, as well as manages the life cycle for the Category in order to increase sales, earning and value market share.
To succeed in this role you should be a proven business leader able to drive the business in line with the overall strategic direction combining strong analytical skills, commercial aptitude and capability to see the big picture. You will have a wide exposure within the organization with many cross-functional contacts centrally as well as local Product Line and Sales counterparts in Europe.
The role is based in Sweden or in Italy and reports to the SVP, Product Line - Laundry, Europe.
A regular day at work
• You have the full P&L responsibility for the Category and run the R&D loading and CAPEX plan.
• Develop and own the Category strategic plan as part of the overall PL Strategic Plan.
• Build the generation plan based on consumer insights and strategy for the category.
• Drive product management flow for the business area, prioritizing R&D activities and ensuring full product and development pipeline (cycle plan, generation plan).
• Responsible for the Category model catalogue, including unique selling propositions, together with product marketing and key markets.
• Responsible the range definition and price positioning.
• Target launch price definition and price management.
• Responsible for the Category products life cycle together with product marketing and key markets. In addition, responsible for product allocation to markets and approve any deviation to changes to generation plan / model catalogue.
• Lead Category discussions and presentations during range reviews.
• Track and follow consumer trends.
• Support cross business area for product projects management and range management tools / activities.
• The Europe Category Director has team management responsibilities for the Category Managers. Responsible for running the Innovation and the Commercial Triangles for the business.
Who you are
• A leader – you have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to share and achieve the same.
• Open – You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective, encouraging cross-collaboration, leveraging diversity and encouraging open feedback.
• Agile – you work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
• A strategic-thinker – you can join the dots to take the business from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
• Growth – you love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Results-driven. Maximising efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
• Energetic – your enthusiasm is infectious, inspires, and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You will also have the passion essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
• Ambitious – You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
• Integrity and respect – you maintain high standards of honesty and trustworthiness and consider ethical implications of issues and decisions.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in product management and/or commercial areas with an understanding of the product development process.
• P&L Management experience on a regional level is desirable.
• Strong experience in setting business strategy and project management.
• Team management experience, having managed regionally spread virtual teams
• Academic degree in business and/or technical field.
Contact person: Leila Söderström